add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best AIO cooler for 2700x?

SickTrickzHD

1 month ago

So my current build is a 2700x and a RTX 2070 and I mainly use it for game development, video editing and sometimes gaming. Because I make extremely high detail scenes when my systems fans start to speed up and temps rise (I use the Wraith Prism atm). Is it worth getting a AIO cooler and if so whats a good reccomdation? Ive heard the Kraken x72 is quite good.

Build reference: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/FN7WGX

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

If you're not overclocking, the X72 is overkill. It is an excellent cooler, much better than most other 360mm AIOs on the market (based on my personal experience with cooling the 9900k @ 5.1GHz). In any case, it will be pretty quiet.

Or actually, if you are still using the S340 Elite, it won't fit. You'll have to opt for the X62 or X52, both of which are perfectly fine and comparable to the X72 by 3-5C.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Oh ok, I thought it was 240mm, my bad and no I'm not overclocking and dont really plan to. I don't think oc its really needed for me.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube