add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Replacing fans on the H100i pro with quieter fans.

Nilrem

4 months ago

So the fans that came with my H100i are loud as hell when they get going, so I thought it may be a good idea to replace them. I was wondering what the experts would recommend for a 240mm rad on an 8700k? The temps according to afterburner stay below 60c most of the time, the highest I've ever seen is 70 in monster hunter world on the 'Quiet' setting on the iCue software, so its not really the temps that are bothering me its just the noise. Its somehow louder than my blower gpu!!!! I was thinking about getting some of those Light Loop corsair fans, since I'm under the assumption that corsair fans would work a bit better with the software and according to reviews I've been reading they're quite quiet. But I'd like to hear from the people here since y'all are geniuses.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

If you compare the specs, the Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop fans are inferior than the stock ones that the Corsair H100i comes with.

That means, your AIO would look better, they would be quieter but your temps would be higher at load.

H100i stock fans

Fan Airflow: 77 CFM

Fan Static Pressure 4.0 mm-H2O

Noise Level 37.68 dBA

LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop LED fans

Fan Airflow: 43.25 CFM

Fan Static Pressure 1.61 mm-H2O

Noise Level 24.8 dBA

What you can do though, is to replace those fans (H100i stock) with one of the below solutions.

https://www.bequiet.com/en/casefans/724

https://noctua.at/en/nf-f12-industrialppc-2000-pwm/specification

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/GLW9TW,jWtWGX/

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I own the H100i RGB Platinum which have the same fans as your H100i, just with RGB LEDs on them. I also own the 500D RGB SE case which come with a full set of LL120 fans. Yes, the LL120 fans are quiet, but as mentioned by another user, they don't push as much air through the radiator fins due to the lower static pressure.

The main question is if you are overclocking. If so, I would recommend against the LL120 fans. If you're running your system at stock speed, then most likely it will be fine but they should be running at 100% under load (which is still pretty quiet). I'm currently running the 9900k at stock with the ML120 RGB fans running at 50% for the max speed and temps rarely go above 65C (liquid temp never exceeds 42C - you don't want this to reach 60C as permeation can occur). OC'ed, I have to run the fans at 65-70% which is too loud (game time at night while wife sleeps).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube