add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ultra settings vs Low in variety of resolutions?

AvocadosToast

4 months ago

Noob alert! So I'm buying an RX 580 or 590 soon but was planning on using it with triple monitors with resolutions equivalent to either 7680x1440 or 5760x1080 or 4800x900 and maybe even awkward ones like 4098x768 or 4320x900 (don't really know if they're awkward tbh).

Which brings me to the noob question of.... How much of an impact (in terms of noticeable visuals) do the settings matter when it comes to the resolutions? Like for example.....somebody playing on a 4K monitor, with very low settings as opposed to ultra+ settings and a very low resolution?

I'd imagined the latter would look horrible? Seeing as in the former you're playing at the actual native resolution despite low settings. Thanks for any help provided.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Depends on the game now doesn't it?

4K looks nice from a resolution standpoint, you hardly need to do AA. But low quality lighting and textures will look pretty blah regardless of resolution.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on the specific title's being played.

I tried running a Vega 64 on 4k later last year and well not bad some title Your dropping settings to medium and even with high resolution it looks like medium settings and 1080p@ultra looks better.

In Your case though it's going to be worse if You are gaming on all three at the same time and not dealing with just lowered settings but resolution as well.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

FYI.......most AAA games today do not support 3 monitors.

my setup 1080|4K|1080 so I can game at 4K on middle monitor

since 2 of my 3 monitors are 1080 resolution, my settings is 5760x1080 across all 3 monitors. or set up each monitor to its native resolution.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I know that and it sucks but for those games that do support it.... awesome experience all around.

I'd imagine for some, you can play in windowed mode and be able to stretch the window to fit all 3 monitors but some games disables that which sucks.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

check out wide screen gaming forum. Tweaks for multi-monitors on many games

http://www.wsgf.org/forums

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube