add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Airflow suggestions

Hyliian

6 months ago

Hi everyone, this is my actual pc https://it.pcpartpicker.com/list/xrK2WD i'd like your suggestions on how to set my fans for optimal airflow, given that i can only use fans in my part list and i can't put the rad on top due to case limitations.

Here what i already tested, fans listed front to back: Front to back airflow: front radiator intake | on top the 2 slow DC-fans intake | rear the faster PWM-Fan output Front to back airflow: front radiator intake | on top the faster PWM-Fan and 1 slow DC-Fan intake | rear the other slow fan output Back to front airflow: front rad output | on top the faster PWM-Fan and 1 slow DC-Fan intake | rear the other slow fan intake

I'd like high pressure inside the case but i can give it up. also i don't think back to front airflow is good, because the gpu produces a lot more warm air and it affects a lot cpu cooling, vice versa cpu warm air is a lot less and gpu temperatures are not affected that much.

How would you set the fans in this case?

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Put the radiator on the front as intake, put two fans on top as exhaust, and have your PWM fan in the rear as exhaust. You'll probably end up with negative pressure but I'm betting you'll get better thermals. Setting all fans to intake seems like a pretty bad idea as the heat from the video card isn't venting quickly in a single direction. If you're worried about dust from negative pressure, your case looks like it has dust filters all around, and at least for me, cleaning the filter every week takes like 5 minutes. Not so much of a price to pay.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes the case has filters on front and top, and i added a custom 120mm filter on back and on the pci slot expansions to catch as much dust i can. I'll try your suggestion. Already had a similar setup but i put the faster PWM fan on top, near the radiator to suck off all heat from the cpu, but maybe that was an error and putting the faster fan on rear will speed up the airflow and do a better job.

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube