add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is my 9900K not stable? crash in battlefield 5 without error

sew333

1 month ago

Hi my pc.

9900K stock turbo 4.7 . All auto settings in bios. VOLTAGE on AUTO.

Noctua NH-D15 .Temps 60-70C

2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000 XMP Corsair 850RmX

Aorus 2080 Ti Xtreme , no oc,stock.

All stress tests passing fine. I dont have any crashes in game.

But few days ago, i go out to work, and i left running game BF 5. When i back,game was running 13 hours,and in 14 hour ( it was 3 am ) it crashed to desktop. Event viewer nothing said. No error message,no display crash. Just exit to desktop.

Game just was on 14 hours,and after moment it go to desktop withour error message. I dont touch anything,game was in campaign mode,when character is standing on the same place.

Now i am testing again and see if i can reproduce, but i cant. I am currently on 80 hour and not crashed again.

Is this reason to worry?My drivers are the newest. Maybe XMP issue or auto voltage? Or issue with game?

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Origin had a critical update around that time where it was kicking you out if you were in game. Don't worry about it. You're fine.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

aaah okies thank you :)

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Last question. It was closed game and origin status was: AWAY. So how can i be sure that was that critical update?:)

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

It doesn't matter what your origin status was. I was online when the update was happening and there were pop ups warning users that being online (away or not) would kick you and auto update. You could only avoid this by exiting all origin apps and logging back in with the offline mode. Don't worry about it, your hardware is perfectly fine. As you said, there was no error message, only exit to desktop, and I told you about the forced update. Don't worry ;)

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

If i can ask last question. It just exit to desktop in 1 second and i saw origin and nothing about update and notification. After that i immidiatelly run game again.

But i guess that was in background?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Probably, but in the grand scheme of things since it was only a one time thing, you can forget about it. Sometimes games will stop working for one reason or another, but if they are one-off's we just need to accept it was a simple glitch.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

But if that update so why i wasnt logged out ?:)

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

It automatically logs you back in. I was sitting at my desk when this happened. If you don't believe me, why keep asking? Something must be wrong with your hardware right?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube