add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

A MONITOR STAND for $1000

hypergalaxy8
  • 10 months ago

I don't know any of the details of it but its a MONITOR STAND. Plus, the monitor it works for is like $5K apparently. Lets make a list of what anyone can buy for $1000 instead of a monitor stand.

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 11 points

why did you pick a RTX 2070? You could have gotten 12 more packs of Brawls Guarana

• 10 months ago
  • 6 points

Well my GPU is getting a tad long in the tooth.

Plus, I wouldn't want to be unreasonable.

• 10 months ago
  • 5 points

Sounds like something Apple would do...

wait a second.

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

$6k for 6k res, makes sense in the Apple world. Good thing we don't live in that world. A dozen eggs would be 1,200 dollars, with the carton costing 600 extra.

• 9 months ago
  • 3 points

Man with that kind of money I could buy a new Apple monitor stand. Oh wait

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

$6,000 for the monitor and stand, plus $6,000 for the base Mac Pro. That makes $12,000 for the full setup.

What are they thinking?

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

In their defense, I've heard that it's intended for corporations that need a lot of power and can afford the $12K price tag.

They could still sell it for about $4K less and still get the same effect, and even then corporations would likely try to go for a cheaper/more practical alternative.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

To be fair, I don't know any 6k monitor that has the same features as the pro xdr without being more expensive, but the fact that the stand is sold separately for an extra $1000 is absurd, I mean they could have thrown it in and just price it at 6k and I don't think anyone would bat an eye.

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

2000 packs of Nutty Buddies/Bars (The little 2-packs that are 50 cents so 4000 individual sticks)

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

200 large frozen chocolates from dunkin donuts

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

I just googled this monstrosity. Good lord what a beast.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

they are really good.

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

The original large frozen chocolate has over 160g of sugar, which is like eating a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and washing it down with... three bottles of Coke.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

health wise, it is not the best thing in the world, but my gawd is the thing good.

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

You could buy the new iPhone XS

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

like six of them

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

Man, where are you buying these things?

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

Why, with $1,000 I could 271 of these bad boys.

Just imagine how much better my gaming performance would be!

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

That's about 5 months rent.

• 10 months ago
  • 4 points

In a smaller town that could be a year's rent.

[comment deleted]
  • 10 months ago
  • 2 points

Where?

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Renting a house from a friends grandparents for about $200 a month each.

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

I miss those days... that monitor stand is about two weeks of my rent now:(

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/test19/saved/WLTJbv <-- This, but change the 512GB SSD to 1TB

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/test19/saved/HYNp8d <-- This, but with a 1700

Or I could get 2 of these:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/test19/saved/GWyk6h <-- and switch a 256GB SSD to both

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/test19/saved/dpBvWZ <-- and add a 512GB SSD to both.

Or even this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/test19/saved/nY6rVn <-- Just without the GPU to fit the 1000 target, and get a better keyboard instead.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

i could buy a bunch of cheap monitor stands

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I expect a few cheap chinese ones to be on sale here pretty soon

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Unrelated to the original post, but you could definitely swap out the 470 for the newer 570, and at a cheaper price too.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

true true

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, the monitor stand is manufactured by Apple. Typical. Its for 999$ and the monitor is called Pro Display XDR. It has 6K resolution and a 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio.

Apparently, the stand is called The Pro Stand.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I could buy a ******* used car for that price

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

It's pretty cheap, actually.

The cheapest monitor of that kind in the market costs about 20K, and is smaller. One of the same size as Apple's monitor costs about 30k USD

The new Mac Pro/New monitor isn't targeted to mainstream consumers. It's made for huge studios like Pixar and that kind of businesses.

Alas, you gotta find a way to make fun of Apple.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube