add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can someone help me to see if my MOBO supports Corsair's RGB equipment?

Samsam2019

1 month ago

Hello all,

I have a lot to learn in building PC's but I currently have a Gigabyte - GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Recently I bought a CORSAIR Obsidian 500D RGB SE Mid-Tower Case, 3 RGB Fans, Smoked Tempered Glass, Aluminum Trim - Integrated Commander PRO Fan and Lighting Controller at Amazon, but I am unable to get the RGB lights to work, only the fans themselves work. The case instructions only said to plug in the USB cable from the Commander Pro to a USB header 2.0

Is it possible its my MOBO? I have watched a couple of Youtube videos and my Commander PRO set up is correct, but I am having issues with the lights. Can some one help please?

Thank you.

Here is my MOBO link https://pcpartpicker.com/product/bzNypg/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz170xgaming7

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I have that case as well. First, there are a ton of wires, so you need to make sure everything is connected properly. Your fans should be connected to the Commander Pro directly for the PWM control. For the RGB, there is also an RGB fan hub that comes with the case. Your fan RGB cable should go into the RGB fan hub, and the hub itself should be connected to the Commander Pro LED port (it has two of these). Now, all of these connections should be right out of the box (the pre-installed fans should be all connected, that's how mine came), so hopefully you're good there.

The only thing you need to do is connect the Commander Pro to a USB 2.0 header on your motherboard, and connect the SATA power for the Commander Pro and the SATA power for the RGB fan hub to your PSU. After that, download iCUE and everything should automatically appear. Under the Commander Pro in iCUE, you have the Performance tab to set fan speeds and Lighting Channel to set the fan RGB. You have to manually set the Lighting Channel to how many fans you have connected. They will only show up sequentially, so if you select the option for 3 fans, the fans must be plugged into 1, 2, and 3 on the hub.

Hope that helps.

• 29 days ago
  • 1 point

Thank you! The fans were working without the RGB lights, after making sure everything was connected correctly there was no other way besides the fans malfunctioning. Turns out I was right because the second Corsair case I received I connected everything as I previously did and The fans and RGB worked flawlessly. At least I learned how everything is set up.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube