add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How to connect RGB Case Fans

ujCoderDragon

1 month ago

I currently have 6 Deepcool RF 120M case fans that I want to add to to my build. However I'm having trouble understanding how to connect them and whether to control them via my Motherboard or not. Can somebody please guide me on how to accomplish this.

here is my parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ujCoderDragon/saved/qcYNqs

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

From what I can tell, the fans will hook up to your motherboard or some other fan hub if you purchase one separately. That's how you control the fan speed (BIOS or fan hub software). For the RGB, it comes with an RGB hub that can either be controlled by you physically (has buttons you push to change the lighting) or through software such as ASUS Aura Sync or MSI Mystic Light Sync or a couple of others (Amazon has a picture with all of the compatible software logos). All you need to control with that software is to plug the hub into your motherboard provided it has a 12v RGB 4 pin port.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube