add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Unique Cases

ProbablyProdigy

1 month ago

I've been in the process of planning out my next personal build for the last two months. I just finished the list and have it ready to go, however, I am having hesitation because I want something rather unique and special; something that I've never really done before. Open air, wall mountable, those strange frame designs, etc.

So with that said, I'm going to start a fresh list but I need to figure out a good case for this project and I want to see if anybody can come up with some clever ideas or at least, suggest a case. Perhaps you've used this case before or maybe it's your "dream case" that you've always wanted to build in. Let's see.

Form factor: This doesn't really matter. While I would prefer an mATX or ATX, I would be okay with a mITX. My only hesitation on mITX is simply due to the lack of PCIe slots as my original plans did involve NVLink 2080s. The second 2080 wouldn't be involved until probably 6 months after initial assembly.

Color scheme: Something neutral. My next personal build will have plenty of RGB so I would like a case that's mostly neutral due to the RGB.

Budget: I'm not made of money but I would be willing to spend upwards of $200 USD for the right case. I can increase that slightly, however, it will certainly need to be for good reason.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the suggestions. The Optima 803 looks pretty intriguing.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I would rethink 2080 SLI. More than a few users here have expressed regret with 2 2080's instead of getting a single 2080 Ti. If you have to wait 6 months for the money, I would just wait. Black Friday is less than 6 months away and you'll definitely score some deals which will make it even more worthwhile.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I'll definitely consider it. Looking at benchmarks, I'm quite impressed with NVLink's performance and scaling versus the older, traditional SLI. I will certainly consider a 2080ti instead. Worst case, I buy a 2080 at first and then sell it for a 2080ti around Black Friday. Even if I lose a little bit of money, I would be okay with going that route. Thanks for you input.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Your welcome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhFzaayKjGo I am joking ok.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Haha thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube