add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

CPU Cooler needed for my AMD Ryzen 5 2600 build.

Mr.Magoo

8 months ago

Hi, I'm currently building my first PC and so far I have bought: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Fatality B450 Gaming kit Motherboard P1 500GB M.2 drive (manufacturers name escapes me) Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200rpm internal hard drive

I'm going to be using this as a multi-purpose rig for everyday use and music production + some gaming. I want to overclock the CPU (Wraith cooling fan inc. is not good enough) and need a decent CPU Cooling fan that wont cost a fortune. I looked at water cooling, but for a first build it looks far too complicated, so a normal CPU fan is cool.

Any help would be amazing, thank you.

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

You could get this one. It's cheap and decent.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007JEMXYQ/?tag=pcpapi-20

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

The 2600 is a 65w TDP CPU, and even overclocked you aren't going to get it to dissipate much more than 100 watts or so. So any halfway competent cooler is going to work. Take a look at the Thermalright Macho Direct, the Arctic Freezer 33 and its variants, the Cryorig H7 and variants.

I would argue against a pumped water-cooling unit for this purpose unless you are in love with the aesthetics.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

What's your budget (want & max)?

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

You need to list the case used so we can make sure it fits and the board would be a Asrock, also the memory your using to make sure it fits.

Should be this board but still need the case and exact memory.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/Pq97YJ/asrock-fatal1ty-b450-gaming-k4-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-gaming-k4

Don't expect a overclock much over 4.0 those chips hit a wall.

Your saved builds show a different motherboard.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Mr.Magoo/saved/

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I would recommend the Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi. A beastly CPU cooler with tasteful RGB integration and keeps my overclocked Ryzen 5 1600 at a cool idle temp of 25 degrees Celcius. I've never seen my CPU go above 60 even on 100% usage. The only factor affecting your decision is height clearance. Please list the case model so we can cross-check compatibility.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube