add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Boy Scouts

ZFGeek

3 months ago

I'm currently in Boy Scouts, and close to my Eagle. Anyone else in, or was in, Boy Scouts? If so, Do you have any memorable stories(we all have 'em)?

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 3 points

I'd say the most memorable would be finishing my Eagle project a couple years ago.

Outside our community was this busy road, right? And there was this church on said road with a bunch of kids and no place for them to play. So I built them a playground in the back.

It was pretty fun and cool to see it go up and quite satisfying to have all that done.

Another story would be my first summer camp, now that was memorable, going off on my own for a week at 11 years old.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

Star here. 5 more years to get life and eagle

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I made Eagle Scout back in 2016, what a good time.

My most memorable moment in scouts was when got lost on a hike by myself and got separated from the group....

...As the SPL... lol

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow...I imagine you wern't SPL for much longer... :P
Put your skills to the test a little bit at least.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Well they weren’t too concerned as it wasn’t like we were in a park that was hundreds of miles from civilization, if I was seriously lost they would’ve found me eventually.

They did find me, and the Scoutmaster wasn’t mad at all, partly because it was their fault they went too far ahead as I was using nature’s bathroom, and then at a fork I walked the wrong way looking for them lol

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Let me guess on your Eagle Scout project - and this is by no means any kind of negative shot (a guess based on observations).

You are going to construct an informational sign/stand for the entrance to a trail near a park - or something similar.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Actually, I don't quite know exactly what I am going to do. There is a park in my town that could use some sidewalks or at least paths. I also thought about running an event to support a charity(project doesn't have to be construction, right?). I may ask my town council what needs done around town to get more ideas, but those are the two I have it narrowed down to at the moment.

I can see why you would say that though.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I went all through cub scouts and it was pretty fun, but I was only in the Boy Scouts for about two months. Started Boy Scouts around the same time I started marching band so I really didn't have the time. We met at 5 on Tuesdays and I got out of rehearsal at 4:30.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

UK equivalent is beavers, then cubs, and then scouts. cubs was fine, but scouts i quit because my leader was a really **** guy, also it began to get repetitive and i just didn't have the time.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean you can do Boy Scouts in the transatlantic council

• 3 months ago
  • -1 points

I was, it sucked, so I left

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I've heard a few stories online like that, but I honestly think it depends on the troop you're in. If you ended up in one that isnt too organized and didn't do much, then I can see your disappointment. I am in a large troop of 50+ boys that is pretty active, so I enjoy it a lot. Unless I am misunderstanding and you just don't like the program in general.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

The two troops I was in were fairly well organized, but one of them (troop 407) didn’t even try to help me advance in rank. I eventually left troop 623 because I was bored with Boy Scouts in general.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube