add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best and Worst Fast Food Place?

Cytracx

6 months ago

Personally, I like Raising Canes the most, the fries aren't the best but the Chicken, sauce, and bread are all amazing imo.

Honorable Mentions: Five Guys, Whataburger, and Freddy's

I think Arbys is the worst fast food place because aside from the curly fries, I think the food is very bad.

What do you think?

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 4 points

Best - Wendy's

Worst - KFC, but only because it gave me food poisoning the last time I had it.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Wendy's is definitely up there as one of the best fast food places, can never go wrong with a Baconator and Frosty. Never really remember eating KFC that well but iirc, it's not too great.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Baconator and Frosty.

A man of culture. That's what I buy when I don't have to pay, lol. Other than that I get a 4 for 4 because I'm a broke high school kid.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, little expensive so I also usually get a 4 for 4 but sometimes I treat myself :)

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Late response - But do you dip your fries in your frosty?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Not usually

• 6 months ago
  • 4 points

is 5 Guys fast food? If so, I feel like it would be hard to beat.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

I agree that it is good and has the best fries, but I don't think it is fast food. Mainly because it doesn't have a drive through and you usually end up waiting about 10 minutes for your order.

But it does have good food and the peanuts are nice.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

The peanuts are a total scam. I still remember when I was like 9 and got them, only to realize I would then go insane if I didn’t buy a drink.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Well you could drink water.

• 6 months ago
  • 0 points

What, do you think they can't afford a drink because they make peanuts?

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

No. Just saying there is no need to buy a drink when you can get water. I drink water most places I ago. It does save money but it is also good for you unlike something like soda.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

I think so? they were going to open one down the street from where i live and it said fast food

it got canceled and i want ded

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

If you buy a large fry from 5 guys you're set on fries for like a week.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

This is so true. The first time my dad went he didnt know the portions and when he asked for the large fry the employee asked if he was sure. He said yes. He definitely did not finish those fries..

• 6 months ago
  • 4 points

Chipotle is pretty good.

Unpopular opinion but I love taco bell.

Raising Canes is pretty good too although their menu has no variety.

Another unpopular opinion but I'm not crazy about Chikfila. Its pretty meh to me, like I will eat there if someone wants to go there or someone gives me some food from there but I won't go out and get it on my own.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Another unpopular opinion but I'm not crazy about Chikfila. Its pretty meh to me, like I will eat there if someone wants to go there or someone gives me some food from there but I won't go out and get it on my own.

Totally agree. If you give me the choice Chikfila will never be my pick. Not when I have my favorite fast good places within the same distance(Like I do now).

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Totally agree.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't think liking Taco Bell is an unpopular opinion, Taco bell is one of my favorites if I don't want to spend a lot of money. I agree with you on Chicfila. I do wish Canes had more variety but it isn't too bad if you don't eat there a lot, and it's consistently good.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Best in my opinion is Qdoba. I feel like the food is good and you get a lot of it for your money.

Worst in my opinion is Burger King. None of their food really tastes good to me and nothing is really unique on their menu. Would I still eat it on a road trip or something though...sure, but there are lots of better options.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Never had Qdoba, don't think it's in my area. Burger King is literally a terrible, off-brand McDonald's and it shall rot. The fries used to be good until they changed them...

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Can't beat McDonalds fries. Qdoba is like a better chipotle, with less cilantro. More food for your money.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

They were a lot better before they changed them several years ago.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

McDonalds fries are goated. Also Five Guys fries!

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Best for some chicken strips: Raising Canes

Best for general fast food: Wendy's. They are pretty much everywhere, the food is decent, and have a few options including chicken, salad, and baked potatoes. Also, their burgers make for good lettuce wraps.

Honorable mention for general fast food: Tim Horton's. I don't even like coffee but they have good food.

Best for fast tex-mex: Taco John's or Taco Bell, probably. The Bell has a great value menu, but Taco John's has those amazing potato oles.

Worst: I've become quite disillusioned with Sonic as a fast food place. They are never quite fast enough, the food isn't great, and there are better places to go for frozen beverages. There's probably another place I'm forgetting, though.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Couldn't have said it better myself, never had Tim Horton's but have only heard good things about them. I honestly don't think Sonic's food is that bad, and I must say I love their shakes and slushies.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Best I would say Taco Palanque or Las Palapas. But those aren't that widespread outside of my city(San Antonio Texas).

I totally disagree for Arbys. Worst part about them is that they are somewhat expensive IMO. But this is all opinionated so.

Worst would be Burger King for me. It's just so greasy compared to every other fast food place. It sucks.

I do like Raising Canes. Good chicken.

This may be heresy but Chikfila is not one of my favorite fast food places. Their chicken while good is overrated and overpriced. And their fries while above average, aren't great IMO. And their lemonade always makes my mouth feel dehydrated.

If I put together a list of my top 5 it would go like this.

1/2: Las Palapas and Taco Palanque take these spots. Don't know which I like more.

3: In-N-Out.

4: Whataburger.

5: Raising Canes.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Never heard of either of those places. I haven't had Arbys in at least 5+ years so maybe it has gotten better since then. I agree with your opinion about Burger King. I also think Chikfila is overrated, its certainly not bad, but imo there are better places. The fries are pretty good though, I must admit.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Certainly not saying Chikfila is bad at all. In fact I think it's impressive that I have never had anything from them that I didn't like. But also never had anything from them that I thought was amazing.

Yeah I figured people would have never heard of Taco Palanque or Las Palapas. They are for the most part in Texas and only in a few cities. San Antonio just happens to be one of those cities.

I don't know to me it seems like the quality at Arbys has gone down a bit over the years and yet they are still pretty good IMO. Just a bit overpriced.

EDIT. One place I forgot about is Culvers. They would replace Whataburger for my #4 spot. They are pretty common in the Northern Midwest and their food is great.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

I looked and discovered that there are some Las Palapas in Yuma and Phoenix. Might have to go there someday and try it out!

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

That's cool. Would highly recommend their Tacos.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Have had Culvers once, don't remember it too much. Surprisingly, I remember not liking the cheese curds. I think the burgers aren't too bad though.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Culvers cheese curds are good, but they don't compare to the real thing. Especially fresh and squeaky. Take some of those and make some homemade deep fried cheese curds with a proper seasoned breading... mmmm.

As far as fast food goes, Culvers probably should have gotten an honorable mention from me for having both good food and great custard. That puts it ahead of Dairy Queen for me, which has mediocre food and acceptable ice cream.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Never had the custard from Culvers but I really want to try it!

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I will say I have been to a lot of Culvers throughout the midwest and the cheescurds are the best in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Everywhere else they are just kind of meh.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Whataburger is very good!

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

This may be heresy but Chikfila is not one of my favorite fast food places. Their chicken while good is overrated and overpriced.

I think their chicken is better than options at McDonald's, for example, but it's also way more expensive. For what you get it has always just been disappointing to me. So yeah, not heresy, in my opinion.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh for sure their sandwiches are the best chicken sandwiches in fast food as far as quality and taste(I prefer Raising Cane's chicken strips but that doesn't have much to do with the current conversation). But I agree with being slightly disappointed at how much you actually get.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Zaxby's has some surprisingly good chicken sandwiches. And for value, Wendy's used to have $1 spicy chicken sandwiches. I don't know if they still do or that was a local thing. In short, there's definitely some competition for chicken sandwiches.

And then there's KFC. LOL

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Chipotle / Qdoba / Moe's SW Grill - ask for added Cilantro ;-)

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Never been to any of those believe it or not.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Well - what's stopping you

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

None in my location, except for Chipotle, most of the time I think about going there, I think of somewhere else that I would like more. (Canes, In-N-Out, Etc)

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

I highly recommend going when you get the chance. It is worth it.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Best - Zaxbys, but Bojangles is a close second.

Worst - Hardees is awful.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Bojangles biscuits are extremely tasty. I miss the south

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I work at a Bojangles so I get a lot of free food from there. Totally worth it.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Id like to try Zaxbys as Ive heard its great from multiple people. Hardees, (Carl's Jr. where I live) isnt very good. The one time i went the food wasnt great and im convinced the cookies were actual rocks.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

I take it we're talking about US fast food here.

"Best" is pretty hard with fast food. Sheetz is good. Arby's is OK mostly because I'm habituated to the roast beef sandwiches.

I was going to say McDonald's is worst, but then I remembered Long John Silver, which was just dire. (I haven't been in one for decades, so maybe it's different now.)

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Never been to Long John Silvers amd dont plan to lol

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Never been to Long John Silvers

Here in NY they’re usually paired with a Nathens and tbh they’re like one of the few seafood fast food places. Usually if I get it, fish and chips with hush puppies always hits the spot.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Canes is decent but it depends too much on the sauce imo

Five Guys, Whataburger, and Freddy's

Never heard of or had any of these places.

Jack in the box is pretty good, it was my second fast food place and my first chain fast food place ( i first had JB around the age of 4 ). In and out is decent but extremely overrated, same with any robertos clone restaurants, seriously there's over 50 of them nearby, more than any other kind of fast food place combined. Chick Fil A is a place i have always wanted to try but never get the chance to go to one. My top ten would have to be

1. Jack in the Box, i like the taste of their food and their variety.
  2. Robertos or anyone that can make a good carne asda fries
  3. Burger king, Muh Chicken fries.
  4. Capriottis Best fast food meatballs in town.
  5. Wendy's The first place i got a triple burger from, it was good.
  6. In and Out, decent burgers, good shakes, i order without fries.
  7. Shake Shack, had one of these babies on a long road trip, worth stopping at.
  8. Mc Donalds, Spicy Mc Chickens for life
  9. Panda Express Good spring rolls I dont have a 10th, otherwise i'd be giving away hidden gems.

My least 6 favorites are

1. Carls Jr, gotten sick from here on multiple occasions only fast food place i have been to where i saw and hear gunshots outside whilst i was eating.

2. Arbys, they are not real burgers and they certainly are not sandwhiches.

3. Sonic, i like their ice cream but i hate waiting 45 - 75 minutes for my food, to make things worse they got rid of the roller skates.

4. Pizza Hut, not real pizza. Cheese crust is a gimmick

5. Taco Bell, i can count the slices of cheese on their tacos with my fingers.

6. KFC, only restaurant outside of Carls where i have seen grease and vomit on the floors.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Sonic i like their ice cream but i hate waiting 45-75 minutes for my food, to make things worse they got rid of roller skates

I've honestly never waited more than half an hour, and that was for five meals. And, they do still do roller skates, just they don't require it for the job. I have seen it.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

I discovered Sonic's wait times are hit or miss. You can wait less than 5 minutes or 20+. Never waited more than 30 though.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

When i visited family in SoCal we stopped at a sonic, get 7 meals and it took only 20mins, not bad since we also got 7 sonic blasts. Food was good as well.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

I've honestly never waited more than half an hour, and that was for five meals

You lucky dog! I have NEVER waited less than 30mins ( where i live ) to get 3 meals from sonic. The food is good when the order is done correctly and i dont have to wait an hour but hey thats their problem, haven't been there in 3 months because service keeps getting slower.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Pizza Hut, not real pizza. Cheese crust is a gimmick

What do you mean gimmick, and not real pizza. I understand if you think it's greasy and just bad but you don't say that. Funny you say pizza hut isn't real pizza cuz McDonalds isn't "real" food either

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

About 8 blocks from here there's a convenience store that does burgers, fish and chicken strips. They serve a burger that's every bit as good as any I've ever had. Fries? Average, at least they don't cook them in the same fryer as the chicken and fish, but McDonald's is tough competition in the FF dept. Wendy's gets the nod for chains, I've never been disappointed. And I like Subway, a lot!

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Subway is the best sub fast food place imo. Always good!

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Wow so many people talking about Raising Canes, I've literally never heard of it. I've at least heard of, if not been to, all the other ones in here.

My fast food tastes are outdated but back in the day I used to prefer Wendy's, then McDonald's. McDonald's was good because it was open 24/7, and you had the Dollar Menu. Taco Bell was good. BK was hit or miss.

In more recent times, Shake Shack is good but it's expensive. I recently got introduced to White Castle for the first time and it's good, especially because they are serving Impossible burgers. The only fast food I go to anymore with any regularity is sweetgreen, which is a salad place.

If anybody is interested in trying some of the new-fangled plant-based meats, Carl's Jr serves a Beyond Burger. BK serves an Impossible Whopper in select cities, and is going nationwide later this year. White Castle has Impossible Burger sliders. Little Caesars is piloting a brand new Impossible Sausage on their pizza in four cities (Yakima, WA, Albuquerque, NM, Ft. Myers, FL and Naples, FL).

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I wish Canes had more locations, maybe one day one will open near you. Never been to shake shack but I hear it's somewhat similar to In-N-Out. I don't like onions on burgers so I don't know how I would feel about White Castle.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Apparently Canes has three locations in VA where I live but they've all much further south.

In-N-Out is overrated imo. I would say Shake Shack is much better, but pricier. As for White Castle, it's the perfect food after a roadtrip lol. Just order no onions! ;)

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

The fries at In-N-Out are trash but at least the burgers are good.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Best: Taco Bamba, Elevation Burger, District Taco

Worst: Bubger Kurg, McNaldos

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

I keep seeing District Taco and think to myself that I should try it, and never have =O

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

it will be good, get an alpastor taco with pico de gallo and pinto beans. IT WILL BE THE BEST TACO YOU'VE HAD

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Seeing a lot of hate for Hardees/Carls Jr. The breakfast gets like a 9/10, but I've never had their other stuff so I can't comment on that.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Never had breakfast there so I wouldn't know. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Found this and figured it pertained to the topic somewhat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDjmaCCEvcc

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Interesting! I will say, people over here do love their In-N-Out!

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I love myself some In-N-Out. As far as just burgers go they are my favorite fast food place. It wasn't until I moved to Texas just over a year ago that I was finally able to go to In-n-Out.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

You can't touch Chick-fil-a. Never heard of Raising Canes, must be in Iowa I guess. Never had Whataburger though I've heard its good. Five Guys is decent but WAY overpriced. Arbys isn't awful but I do agree it could be better.

McDonald's is the worst, let's not kid ourselves.

• 6 months ago
  • 4 points

McDonald's is the worst, let's not kid ourselves.

Well this is all opinionated but I will disagree on this. A few years ago yeah. But nowadays they are decent. Price is a big factor. Compare them to Burger King and they are almost gourmet in comparison. So for being one of the cheapest they are pretty good and their breakfast sandwiches are great.

EDIT: Taco Bell is the only thing I can think of similarly priced to McDonalds and BK. They are decent. But completely different as far as what they serve. But for quality they are pretty good for the price.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

If you ever get the chance, you gotta go to Canes, you won't regret it. Whataburger is mostly only found in the south, would also recommend. Five Guys is quite expensive but, the amount of food you get isn't bad. I've never had anything I didn't like from McDonald's. Yeah, the food is most certainly not the best but, I think it's much better than some other places.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

If I'm ever driving through another state at lunch time and see a Raising Canes I'll be sure to go.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Best: Freddy's

Worst: Arby's 'cause food poisoning.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Freddy's burgers are soooo good. The fries are also pretty dang good as well. Never had their custard.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Anybody who likes Cane's deserves to be fried alive. I have never tried that blasphemy and never will. I can already tell the food would be vile.

Best: Taco Bell, Subway, Swenson's (Local), Chick Fil A, Wendy's, Arby's, Bibi Bop, Dairy Queen

Honorable Mentions: Chipotle (Does It Count) & Cook Out (Only Have Had Cook Out When I Was In NC)

Worst: Burger King (Besides Chicken Fries), McDonald's, Jersey Mike's, KFC

Kappa

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Cane's sauce is delicious and the texas toast is butterific.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

What makes you think that about Cane's? I don't think it's very fair to judge something so harshly if you have never tried it. It's often rated pretty highly when it comes to Chicken.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Mostly because one of my dank teachers always roasts Cane's, so I (And other classmates) decided to stand behind him (It is more of a joke than anything). I don't really feel like I am missing out on anything major so IDRC.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Best Burger Chain - Shake Shack and 5 Guys are my go to for Burgers

Best National Chain - Wendy’s hands down

Best Local/Regional Chain - Nathen’s Famous, theyre a pretty unique chain, and they sell things like burgers, Hot Dogs, seafood, patty melts etc

Best Mexican/Tex Mex - Chipotle

Best Pizza chain - Tough one but I’d say Dominos tbh, their dough is always tasty and the pizza overall is nice and greasy how I like an American pizza lol

Best Chicken Chain - Popeyes, I would’ve given this to Chik-Fil-A but their business donations I don’t agree with at all.

Best Sandwich Chain - Jersey Mikes

Worst Chains - Burger King, Taco Bell, Dunkin Donuts (just the hot food, drinks are fine), and Subway. Other chains that aren’t fast food but just suck, Denny’s, Applebee’s, and Olive Garden.

McDonald’s, White Castle, Sonic, and KFC I don’t mind but those I don’t usually get if there’s a better choice.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

All those places that are drive-in serve horrendous poop . The most Greasy, disgusting-looking crap I have ever seen.

Sonic, Rally’s and Checkers are the worst.

Then follows KFC. I can use the oil from their chicken to grease all the doors in the building I live in and there would be leftovers.

Best? Chick-Fil-A and Wendy’s. I’m a bodybuilder and I sometimes eat there. They have killer grilled chicken recipes, specially Wendy’s. Their grilled chicken sandwich and their chili are very calorie and macro wise and won’t **** up your diet. Plus they taste good

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Red Robin is the best. Their burgers are amazing and so are their fries. I think they only have them in Washington State though. Correct me if I’m wrong. The worst I’ve had was this one Burger King in Vancouver.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Also Five Guys is pretty good

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Chic-fil-a and Cook-out (Southern states only) are my favorites. I hate KFC.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

best: ******* wendy's, no cap

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube