add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

No signal but computer seems to be running.

Adrew24

6 months ago

I keep getting no signal going to my monitor. My loop and fans are running, and I tried taking out the graphics card and using integrated graphics. Still nothing. It's not the HDMI cable either; it works with my other build. Advice?

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I do not know what type of monitor you have and this does vary per monitor. But is its default display setting set to the correct type? As in is the monitor's default display set to HDMI? This would be the first process to double check on your monitor.

And sometimes you can get random blacks out from the monitor when it's conflicting with the auto-default video display setting which forces one to unplug the monitor or reconnecting the video port cable from the monitor. And sometimes the HDMI cable became loose and needs to be reconnected.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube