add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

For people with R9 380 and latest driver

AvocadosToast

6 months ago

Are you on the latest Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.4.1? Does it work for you? What driver are you currently using?

For some reasons, I thought my card was on the brink of death, but since using the 2017 Crimson ReLive Edition 17.11.4, I was able to game with the card with no problems.

It seems like my XFX R9-380P-4255 doesn't like the latest update. Do you get similar problems?

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

could be an issue with the newer driver plus the R9 380 is a pretty old card i would recommend either RX 580 or ther new Nvidia 1660ti depending on your budget and current pc specs

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

It sucks that new drivers sometimes leave old graphics cards in the dust, Despite some of them still having the ability to play any modern games at default settings.

I currently don't have the budget to buy a newer card, but my warranty is still activated, so I am wishing to get a similar performance modern card that works with the new driver, or a used/refurbished newer card.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

the 580 is around $200 new pending where you go same with the 1660ti around $300 unless you can get an excellent deal in a 1080 or 1080ti on the used market i wouldn't bother with anything less

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube