add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Optimal 6 fan setup for lian li pc-011 dynamic

Adrew24

8 months ago

I'm building a computer in a pc-011 dynamic with the radiator on the top. I currently have three fans on the top and bottom exhausting air. Should I take one fan off the bottom and make it so that it pumps in air via the slot to the right of the mobo?

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Here is a pretty interesting video on it from Hardware Canucks. Personally I would intake from the bottom and intake from the "sides" and output from the top with a top mounted rad. (Side mounted rad as an optional second depending on cleanliness).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU6vIDpNaxw

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

The reason I didn't do that is because I was afraid the GPU would have hot air it was trying to blow out forced back in. Does that sound logical?

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

on the top and bottom of the radiator? How thick is the radiator? This is called push pull and yes its a common enough practice but overkill if the rest of your case is choked off from fresh air. I would consider doing something again similar to the video.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

No no, the GPU is not hooked up to the loop. It's using its stock heatsink. I'm running a pull setup on the radiator

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Fans on the bottom would suck fresh air into the bottom of the case for the gpu fans to pull into the gpu to blow across the heat sink and pipes put of the sides and upward. Then fans at the top pulling the warm air up and out of the case.

In your current set up described above, how is fresh air coming in to the case if both top and bottom are exhausting?

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

you just confirmed what I feared. There is no fresh air coming in. Should I flip the fans on the radiator so they blow air in, or would taking a fan from the bottom and putting it next to the mobo so it blows air from the rear compartment of the case to the front help? thanks.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

three on the bottom as intake. they will ow air up into the gpu to suck in and cool it as well as promote air flow the top where the top fans will be exhausting the warm air.

The only thing I am unsure of since I do air cooling is whether using the top fans to exhaust while trying to also dissipate heat from the cpu will. degrade the radiators performance.

But, with intake at bottom you're sucking in fresh air and that's what is important.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. I'll make sure to flip the fans on the bottom.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube