add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How is this 240 Hz monitor

MrWhiteMacaroon

66 months ago

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GBG5SPO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3HDQMZQIN8RY5&coliid=I3T6Z2AM99F5KZ I seem a bit iffy on this monitor because of the only 2 reviews as of right now. I would like to hear your personal experience with this monitor or if you ever tested this thing. It seems like it would be the best gaming monitor since it has a VA panel which produce better color accuracy than a normal peasant TN panel.

Comments

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

600$ for a 1080... and the 240 hz still isnt making it a solid selling point either. But that is just my take. I would rather look towards a solid 1440 and overclock it at that price point.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

you arent going to be able to get enough gpu horsepower to drive 240hz, unless like 3-4 780ti's and then it would be more practical to get a nice 1440/1600p monitor.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

I've been looking at the QNIX monitor for some time, but I don't know how I would feel with a 1440p monitor for Counter Strike games which I play most of the time, I understand the overclocking the hz of the monitor. Should I just get a QNIX monitor or just go for the usually 144Hz. I do play a wide variety of games that take up my GPU power, like Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs. If I do go for either one, I would most likely have to grab a second 770 when the new GPUs release and the 770 would drop more in price soon after.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Does Counter Strike have 1440p textures? If not, when will games start having them?

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

I know they have tri-monitor setups that work with the game, I don't see why not.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

A tri-monitor setup with 1080p monitors will still use texture image files made for 1080p.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

This is a really difficult situation for me. Can't decide to go 144 Hz or 1440p. It's all mixed reviews. They were saying to get both, 144 Hz for competitive gaming, and 1440p for eye candy games like Tomb Raider.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

My coworker has a 120 Hz monitor and says it's noticeably smoother than 60 Hz for non-gaming but he doesn't notice any difference between 90 and 120 Hz. He said the difference between 60 and 90 for gaming was barely noticeable.

My father had a 90 Hz CRT back in the day and said it's noticeably smoother than 60 Hz for web browsing but not noticeably smoother for gaming. He was running games between 70 and 90 Hz then.

On the other hand, both TN and VA have poor color reproduction.

In short, gaming on a non-IPS, even a VA, with >90 Hz is like racing a Prius with a turbocharger.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

I like the example you used. As of right now, I'm using an IPS monitor and love it. I hate V-Sync for the life of me and would take screen tear. Would like to upgrade to 144 Hz, but I don't like TN panels and 1440p is pretty close.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

I just purchased this monitor and it does well for gaming:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-vg248qe

I see you don't want a TN panel though.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

To be honest, I would get a 144Hz monitor but I just don't like the viewing angle and the colors. If I had money to throw away, I would get both but I can't really do that. Might just go with the 144Hz

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

It's not that bad and besides I am using looking at it head on and not from an odd angle.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube