• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Azury 2 months ago

Hey guys, I'm a broke person just putting some parts together and crying in the realizations that I can't afford it.

Anyways, I've been seeing people say that the Corsair h100i v2 is pretty good, so I put that in one of my lists, but every MOBO I look at has a compatibility check saying I need mounting adapters. What are mounting adapters and is there even a MOBO which will go with my build?

My part list is: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Azury/saved/#view=zBDP3C

You will probably see that I'm trying to have my theme as Black and Red, or custom RGB lighting so it can go static red.

Thanks!

Comments Sorted by:

DaMysteryMan 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

Every single motherboard you add is going to have that compatability issue, that's because the cooler does not fit the motherboard without a separate bracket to mount it. You should be able to get it for free through corsair.

DaMysteryMan 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

Yes, that cooler is listed in the comparability section, the h100i

vagabond139 5 Builds 1 point 2 months ago

At this point in time AM4 is like 2 years old so unless you get some super old stock its gonna have a AM4 bracket in the box.

Rin_Itoh 1 point 2 months ago

That is a note because AM4 was released and most coolers didn't have brackets to mount to the new socket. This has more or less been fixed so you shouldn't have to worry about it. If you don't have a bracket you can contact the manufacturer and get one. Depending on the company they may send it for free, but others might charge you for shipping.