add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Khabib vs Conor

rhali8
  • 16 months ago

I'm assuming most of you have seen this already, but for those that follow UFC, Khabib beat Conor. That's no surprise, but what happened after was. Apparently, Conor's BJJ coach said something to Khabib and he flew over the octagon to attack him. You can read the stories online, but this created major problems and it ended up with his purse being withheld. What are your guys thoughts about this?

Personally, I think that Conor is an idiot and shouldn't be playing in this sport. I've done BJJ at a competition level and there's no ********. You shake your opponents hand, fight them and shake them after. There's a sense of respect that was completely missing there. Conor's aggressive and extremely disrespectful behavior towards Khabib's religion and country should not have been tolerated. If anything remotely similar was said in a local competition it would result in immediate disqualification. Regardless, Khabib should've shaked the dude's hand and walked off with his title. He is a respectful fighter but he just blew his lid at the end.

Edit: I've been watching some phone recorded footage showing different angles. Turned out Conor actually attacked one of Khabib's guys as he flew over the ring.

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

It's a show-business, unfortunately. If talking trash constitutes disqualification, then it's a sad world we live in. Conor, after losing, was jumped from behind. If he attacked Khabib's guys it was self-defense. Khabib jumped over after getting angry at something said by his trainer.

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

WWE is a show business. UFC is a no nonsense fight with all you've got business. It's meant to be a public show of raw skill, and that's it. If it's becoming a who can talk the most **** business, then I'm truly disappointment.

Conor was jumped from behind because he hit Khabib's guys as they jumped over the wall. It was not self defense on Conor's part. The reason why he didn't press charges was because he hit first.

This isn't even trash talking though. There's calling someone out by how bad they are, and then there's legitimate racism and insults thrown towards his family and country. They are disgusting and should not be tolerated. If you think what Conor is saying is ok then shame on you.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

All I meant was that he was trash talking... it happens. So you’re telling me that Khabib’s men just randomly jumped in for NO reason and Conor attacked them? That makes no sense. Conor defended himself against them as they came in. Show some common sense.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

No. When Khabib flew over the octagon, one of Khabib's guys went over with him and Conor landed a jab on the dude's face. Khabib's guys saw this and then flew in the ring to attack Conor for hitting their mate. Alot of videos have been clipped to cut this out. Also, would recommend watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjZjz9YY48I

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Good fights I really enjoyed them. The rest of the stuff is mostly show business. Though, I agree a line was definitely crossed. I saw the various videos none of them give me a conclusive idea as to who started this mess. In the end, Khabib went too far with his actions and that is why they are not paying him. Show business baby.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Can't dispute that Khabib is a BEAST. All the crap Conor pulled doesn't make it okay to leave the ring and attack people. Leaving the ring after he won the fight in that fashion looks HORRIBLE.

In the ring, Khabib is an amazing champion outside the ring Khabib got his buttons pushed.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Watching the videos, if they are complete, it shows Khabib jumped the "wall" - which has a long way down the other side. So the intent is clear. He wanted to physically address someone. I say Khabib started the mess. If he didn't jump over and simply walked and stayed in his "corner" - most likely nothing would have happened (more trash talking probably, and then someone else would have started swinging).

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I didn't see Conor jump out of the octagon. I did see someone in red jump in and attack Conor. I didn't hear the trash talk before the fight, so no comment there. My son told me about it and described it as mayhem - watched the videos and agreed - that was a good word to describe the aftermath.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube