add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Time to upgrade?

Adrew24

16 months ago

I have a corsair harpoon, but the side grips are starting to get worn out, and the scroll wheel is starting to feel kinda mushy (too much bhopping!). I was wondering what would be a good choice to upgrade to. Preferably I would have a couple macros and a good optical sensor. I also don't want the mouse to be too big, so I can hit flick shots. Plus, I want that one feature that allows you to "unlock" your scroll wheel, making it less tactile and making it spin quicker (once again, bhopping). Lastly and prehaps most importantly, would you even recommend upgrading in the first place? Thanks guys!

Edit: what are your thoughts on the g403? Thanks!

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

I use the G703 (updated model of the G403, just better wireless), and I absolutely love it, it doesn’t have a adjustable scroll wheel, but the wheel is really light and easy to maneuver, also the macro buttons on the side are nice and clicky.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

80 bucks though...

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, I did get the G403 for $50 (It's on sale basically all the time at Best Buy), and then when that failed on me (user fault, not the mouse itself), they replaced it with a G703 for free. I think it's worth it, but someone may think differently.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

You could always go with the Corsair M65 Pro RGB! I use it and absolutely love it. Has a sniper button to automatically change DPI, two side buttons, and adjustable weight. By far the most comfortable and really durable (so far, at least) mouse I've ever had the pleasure of using.

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

I was strongly considering getting that mouse, and now I'm even more interested. Thanks!

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem. :)

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

logitech g502 proteus spectrum

:15

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I tried my friend's once. It's too big, heavy, and convoluted.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

o rip

but the video is still neat imo

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I bet you could attach a motor to it. I wanna see that!

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

lol me too

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Would I recommend the G403 overall? Without question. Given your wants? Eh.

I own a G403 wireless and it's the best mouse I've ever used. I have used many.

But it doesn't have an unlock-able wheel or extra macros.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube