add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows 10 Stuck on Sleep Mode

yveshe

15 months ago

A friend of mine just after I helped cool her laptop her OS isn't booting. She told me that we can try taking out the battery - but it's not your typical laptop battery.

Her laptop is the Lenovo - Ideapad Y700. The battery is inside the board. Yes, I can try and take the battery out to see if it fixed anything, but I want to know if there are other alternatives; software-wise, to get out of Sleep Mode.

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• 15 months ago
  • 3 points

Yeah, A lot of time I surf the web using a Lenovo Flex 3 and I've had to open it up to disconnect the battery. You don't have to take the battery out, you just need to disconnect it. These are the batteries you will find in many modern day laptops. It seems like the days of removable batteries are gone.

The only thing I can think of is to do a rundown in 'Power & Sleep" settings Turn off the usual suspects.

The you will need to go to 'Power Options' > 'Choose what the power buttons do' > click 'Power and sleep buttons and lid settings', then disable 'Turn on fast start' and disable 'Sleep'

You can also look to see if a BIOS update might help the situation.

Furthermore, on her end she will have to shut down the laptop like normal. These Lenovos don't seem to jive well with Sleep mode.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

That reminds me. I disconnected the battery as I was working on the components inside (since obviously you wouldn't want to to work on a "live" computer - unless I shouldn't have and that triggered this issue).

So the other you suggested would be the BIOS, working on the power button, and if we are to boot into the OS with luck, then I can manage the settings you provided.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube