add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Dell - SD2417G Doesn't Save Screen Settings

yveshe

18 months ago

A few days ago, all of a sudden when I start turning on the monitor it cycles through the RGB: red, green, blue, and white until it shows the Dell logo. But once the screen turns my setting have been reset back to default, which now I'm blinded by the screen!

My settings were as followed: Brightness was set to 60% from 75%, Gamma was set to 45% from 75%. Overclock was Enabled and I set it to 165Hz. And the Color was set to RTS or RPG Game.

Now, over the days of trying to troubleshoot, I tried disconnecting all the cables from the monitor and reconnecting back - nothing worked. Tried an HDMI cable - problem still persists (and obviously way worse due to being limited by the HDMI cable). I contacted Dell and they said to check out the user guide of the monitor - it states that whatever settings I change they will be saved automatically - nothing is being saved once I overclock the monitor (which that resets everything to default).

My only options are either getting a new DisplayPort cable or RMA the monitor. But I would like to hear more about this situation and if it can still be resolved.

Comments

• 18 months ago
  • 2 points

You could try dialing back the OC. With other PC hardware if the OC is bad then it can cause system instability. Try it at 144hz and give it some time. If that doesn't work then try a new cable. While it does not sound like a cable problem it is a possibility. It will also eliminate potential issues that cost the least amount of money and time not being able to use the PC. If that doesn't work RMA it.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Having it at 144Hz isn't an issue, but the monitor is still too bright.

• 18 months ago
  • 2 points

What I'm saying is get rid of the OC and see if it then saves your settings.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

That's what I'm saying, it's not saving regardless of what settings I may change.

Basically now with all this nonsense, I only lower the brightness and gamma. But once I turn off the computer or leave for a few minutes as the monitor goes into safe mode it resets any changes to default, as the screen starts cycling through the RGB.

• 18 months ago
  • 2 points

I would RMA it then

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube