add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for a New Case

yveshe

19 months ago

If you look into my builds, I've updated my first build a few months ago, finalizing it with the Corsair 100R: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/shvnTW

Unfortunately, I was unsatisfied with the results when building in this case: I couldn't pass the 8-pin CPU cable on the top hole, so I instead I passed it through the small space in the GPU. Little to no room for cables. I got a damaged screw on the PCI shroud-thingy when I went to install the GPU (or even take it out) And like an idiot, I accidentally broke one of the stands as I was cleaning my room once, dragging the case on the floor. You can just look at the pictures of my latest build and see what I'm talking about.

So I'm looking for a case with more room for cables, more 3.5" slots (8 maximum) as I'm thinking of using old HDDs to run them in RAID 0, would be swell if the case comes with included two/three fans, and the legs are made of good material that aren't easy to break (by accident). And obviously it needs to be an ATX mid tower case, and optionally at least one optical drive bay (if not possible or isn't worth it then I'll just give it up and get me an external one in the future).

I'd say the budget is between $50 to $70 but will extended as long as shipping doesn't cost anything or at least $10 and will not exceed $100, as I don't want to pay extra due to taxes (according to my country anyway, if one pays more than $100 for an item they also need to pay for tax - but I suppose a little tax payment wouldn't hurt anyone).

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

This belongs in the Case Section of the forum. If you post this in there I can help you better.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I've waited quite a while and no one answered over there.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

That's odd usually most posts get at least one comment in 24ish hours. I guess I'll help you here then.

My answer usually is that it depends on you. I can recommend cases all day, but you are the one that has to look at it and build in it. With that being said something like DIYPC Zondda-O Black would be decent while in your budget. The CD drive is really being phased out so most newer cases from reputable brands don't have them. It has 4 slots for HDD though. I have used DIYPC before and I have you to warn that YOU ARE GETTING WHAT YOU PAY FOR. By that I mean the edges might be sharp and the cable management might not be the best. The material is going to be flimsy aluminum in order to keep the cost down and the included screws aren't great. For a cheap case the work well enough, but if you can leave the CD drive in 2008 then something like Phanteks Eclipse P400 should serve you well while having a well known name.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I did find this, Corsair Carbide Series 200R, it has some spots for CD drives but only 4 HDD. This would be a good case as well.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Appreciate the help!

Yeah... definitely not the case I was thinking of. It looks like your typical entry-level consumer type of case. This case fails in comparison to my Corsair 100R.

Though I always liked Phanteks, I just didn't like how they made their extra HDD slots in their P400 and Enthoo Pro M series of cases. Fractal Design's R5 and R6 is what I'm talking about. But they're either expensive or available at higher cost.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I would say go to Newegg and go to cases and on the left side just choose what you want and it will narrow it down for you and you can pick what you want.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, thanks. I'm also checking in Amazon in case prices aren't updated.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube