add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Upgrading.

Racer2k5x

17 months ago

So I have currently a lenovo y500. I've upgraded the cpu to a i7 3630qm I've got the 2nd gpu in the ultrabay (2x gt750tm) and 12 gb of ram. im looking to upgrade to something a bit more modern and better of course. my price range is about 500-750 usd. What ya got?

Comments

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

If you could, try a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gamer. But your laptop is good enough for now, so I'd suggest holding off until you get some more money for a better gaming laptop.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

could i get one of those external gpu bays for it? pull out the 2nd 750tm and somehow disable the built in 750tm

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

For the Inspiron? Nope.

Lenovo is the only one that has Ultrabays. Because of standards, hard drive Ultrabays will work in any laptop, but GPU and battery ultrabays will just break both themselves and the PC they are installed in if it's not Lenovo.

Also, the Inspiron has a GTX 1050.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube