add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Adrew24

18 months ago

Comments

• 18 months ago
  • 4 points

What I am confused about if they are going to have a women character during World War 2, why not have her been Soviet or part of the French Resistance?

• 18 months ago
  • 4 points

Everyone now hates how they inserted a female into the British army. Perhaps excusable - or even plausible - for the Soviet Army, but Britain? No.

• 18 months ago
  • 2 points

WTAF.

That's basically COD WWII. I don't think I've ever cringed harder at a game trailer before.

If I didn't make it obvious; #NotMyBattlefield. Colossally disappointed. Definitely not picking this up.

Edit;; I have a theory: EA planned to upload this as an April Fools joke but never got around to it, and when it came time to upload the trailer, they accidentally uploaded this.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

It wasn't a great trailer imo either, I felt like it was... trying to hard? Like it had to pack the most action into the smallest timeframe and area. Felt like I was watching a Michael Bay parody.

That being said it didn't feel any worse than the BLOPS 4 multiplayer trailer that went out recently. Arguably this was less cringey, although I appreciated the BLOPS 4 trailer being mostly made of actual gameplay.

How is this 'basically COD WWII'?

• 18 months ago
  • 3 points

It looks way too "run and gun" or "fire and forget" style for battlefield. There didn't seem to be any nuance in the gameplay.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I second this

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

They also made recoil WAY more easy to manage. They say it makes the skill cap higher because you can be more "precise". I smell ********.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

There was virtually no gameplay in this trailer though. In fact I would say even the part that mimicked gameplay was 100% staged (just throwing the UI up over an animation). This was a cinematic trailer.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree, but the trailer sets the tone for the game. You wouldn't see a trailer like this for more realistic game so why play this card? If the game is going to be more realistic and not this arcade style thing that the trailer portrayed then why portray it this way?

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Fair points, but any comments about recoil or gameplay mechanics are pure speculation right now. After all it isn't like there aren't cinematic trailers for other games out there that are absolutely nothing like their actual gameplay. It's kind of the problem/point of cinematic trailers in general.

• 18 months ago
  • 2 points

Looks good to me. I love te WWII time period. I don't care if it's "basically COD WWII". I didn't play that, but I think i'll play this.

• 18 months ago
  • 2 points

I think its going to be genuinely fun to play but the trailer was just bad

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm sure the full game will be over $100 again, so I'll be passing on it again...

• 18 months ago
  • 0 points

It's the standard 60 bucks.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

When the majority of the game is all on dlc sold day 1 in a premium pass for another $60, the total is over $100...

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Do some research, there's no premium pass.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

It's EA, never doubt their ability to charge extra over retail.... Until it releases, you just can't trust it.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for downvoting a comment that debunks your false statements and just states the facts that were spoken on their reveal stream. Worse than Reddit.

• 18 months ago
  • -1 points

They literally confirmed that there is no pass and that all content is free after buying the game, just like Battlefront 2.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Welp, I was considering buying the "next" battlefield, but now I dont think so... Considering it'll be 90$ +, I think I'll pass. I miss the BF3/4 glory days.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmmm, i was expecting WW2, i do like WW2 setting, do i like the trailer No, it tells nothing much and has quite a lot to much happening. The trailer seemed more like COD then a BF game. Wait and see how the game reviews are when it is released.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

197 likes. 173 dislikes...

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

oof

• 18 months ago
  • 0 points

I love it. The trailer shows off the new systems and whatnot. Unpopular opinion, but I am loving this new take; I don't play BF for realism, I play it for the arcadey feel of whatever time period it is.

• 18 months ago
  • 0 points

Guy jumps through window out of second floor of building and hits the ground running.

Without all the extra weight added by the gun, the ammo, the BDUs, and all the other stuff it would be possible for him to walk it off if he even knew how to take a fall like a circus performer. But with all the things fornerly listed the chances of him breaking both his legs are high. Not to mention that his face and throat would be destroyed by the glass.

• 18 months ago
  • 2 points

Battlefield has never been about realism or historical accuracy. Ever.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Well from what I have seen if Battlefield 1 they did a pretty good job on keeping it realistic and historically accurate. They did a good job with realism in battlefield 2. Wasn't perfect but you couldn't fall 20 feet with 50 pounds of gear and keep running like nothing happened.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Battlefield 1? Realistic? Not remotely.

The A7V was could not go faster than 4mph neither can the British Mk IV.

Aircraft did not play as big as a role.

Most of the weapons in Battlefield 1 were weapons that was just there. Not actively used (with the excellent of some)

Battlefield 1 is very horribly inaccurate

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube