add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Budget Gaming PC build

annhilatorL414

20 months ago

Hi everyone I don't know if this is the right part of the forum to do this but anyways I need help on decisions for a gaming PC build. I am new to building a PC and would like to know what a good budget build would be. I live in Australia so the internet speed isn't even that extremely fast anyways but in this build I want to use this motherboard:

Gigabyte - Z370P D3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard. I chose this one cause I like it for this build I plan on doing in future or at some point. I want to do a budget build from around $500 to a 1000AUD. This motherboard I found for a decent price on Ebay so I chose that and the Intel Core i7 8700 CPU which I could only find for $405 cause this CPU is not cheap. I want to figure out what ATX Tower casing I can use for this build along with what video card and all that cause I made my mind up on what motherboard to use. Now to select compatible parts. I want to use it for gaming like World Of Tanks and War Thunder which Mac runs at 60FPS and dips a lot at low resolution and War thunder well I can't even run that game properly anymore cause graphics are to harsh.

Need tips and help thanks!

Joseph

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Just to check, you have a motherboard, but do you already own the i7 8700? Do you need an operating system or anything else?

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope I am completely new I only have basic knowledge of building a PC and never built one before plus I have a dad who built his own and giving me advice. I don't own any computer components realistically my dad owns a video card as spare and that is it.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I like the idea of cheap run of the mill gaming PC to build that suites my needs for playing games only cause I hate playing games with crap graphics cause with my other computer I am restricted to low resolution and stay at around 60FPS and want to run at performances that my internet allows.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

So you need everything but a motherboard including monitor? Also, you mentioned a mac, is this your current laptop? What generation is it and do you know it it has a thunderbolt 3 port? I ask because you could get an external gpu gaming box to ramp up those graphics.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

By the way that Motherboard I found on Ebay I haven't bought yet and it costs 164.85AUD that is with extra shipping ontop and I have that listed with a 405.00 Intel Core i7 8700 CPU

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Unless I can go cheaper on the CPU then that is what I chose because am choosing sort of up to date stuff that is cheap.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Cheapest you can go all in with potential to upgrade to a better gpu and i7 8700 in future. Will play games at 1080p 60fps with quality settings turned down depending on games. See what you think.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i3-8100 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor $153.00 @ Shopping Express
Motherboard ASRock - B360 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $135.00 @ IJK
Memory Team - Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $133.00 @ Umart
Storage Western Digital - Green 120GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $49.00 @ Centre Com
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $57.50 @ Shopping Express
Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB SSC GAMING ACX 3.0 Video Card $259.00 @ Umart
Case Deepcool - TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case $55.00 @ Mwave Australia
Power Supply Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $65.00 @ Shopping Express
Monitor Samsung - S24D300HL 23.6" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor $135.00 @ IJK
Keyboard Logitech - MK120 Wired Slim Keyboard w/Optical Mouse $22.00 @ Shopping Express
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1063.50
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-05-13 03:38 AEST+1000
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I would even do cheaper than 600AUD cause well yeah just getting an idea of what I could put together for my first build cause honestly I would also want this computer to be flexible for future upgrades and not be so over priced.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

$500 dollar gaming PC or just over is what I am thinking now using a cheap 55.00 Desktop tower I researched on the internet. By the way if your wondering I am using my mum's old PC for gaming and it is Imac desktop 21.5inch, Mid 2010. CPU processor Intel Core I3, Memory 4GB 1333MHz DDR3. Graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 4670 256MB. It use to be only for working on but I eventually took over it and started playing all sorts of games on it. It runs MacOS Sierra software update on it. Honestly I don't like using Mac's for gaming that is why I wanna build a budget gaming PC someday.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Heyo I just bought a 55$ Desktop tower called the Tesseract deep cool I think it was, anyway I commited to buying it on PC case gear. when I earn money again I will buy the Gigabyte Z370 D3 motherboard I plan to use next. Gonna get thos two components cause I think I am commiting to my PC build despite saving up for my first car. So I will have the case and the motherboard soon once I order the motherboard. from there I will have to wait ages until I could get my hands on a CPU.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube