add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Just some thoughts on my build list.. I know I know another one of these lol

eagle20g
  • 87 months ago

I know just seeing what your guys thought are on this.. Prices are off newegg.com

FX-8120 125W 159.99

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 139.99 with a 10 mail in rebate

G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB 1866MHz 66.99 "I know more ram but for what I use this is enough for me"

NOW Video card,

I think I'm gonna go with the ASUS GTX660 2GB card, Its 209.99 with a 20.00 mail in rebate and I was thinking about SLi this with my 460GTS TOP 1GB to handle the Physx - so with this card, and my other card this should provide a great combo ----What do you think?

SanDisk Ultra Plus SSD 128GB 96.99

Western Digitial WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM 6.0Gb/s 74.99

Case is Corsair Vengeance Series C70 "I know a lot of people can have suggestions about different case's but I'm set on this one especially in white at " 109.99

I have OE, DVD, Extra Hard drives, and a 650w 80plus power supply already that I'm gonna add to this build.

All of this for under 900 for a " sort " of rebuild to my old system

Comments

• 87 months ago
  • 1 point

I was thinking of going the 670 route and just ditching the 460 but I thought if I went down one notch, and added ssd and another hard drive I would enjoy those benefits a lot more.. Any input would be great..

Oh P.S. the price is actually under 850 shipped and then an extra 30 in mail in rebates puts this at a 830-840 range with taxes..

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube