add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for opinions and recommendations.

TimesTalon
  • 87 months ago

1st time building a computer. i want to keep the price below $1,200 Looking to overclock my i5 3570k to around 4.0Ghz if possible My main concern is if my CPU cooler will be able to keep the heat down. Not sure if i should upgrade to a liquid cooler. The one liquid cooler i looked at (CORSAIR Hydro series H50) is not supported by my motherboard. Would love to hear any suggestions

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/NiOX

Comments

• 87 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol, with a case with good airflow you can get the 3570k stable, with good temperatures, to 4.5ghz, with the 212 evo.

• 87 months ago
  • 1 point

Great, solid build. No critisizm. Good job

• 87 months ago
  • 0 points

I saw someone who got their 3570K to 4.2GHz with that cooler (212 EVO) no problem. Don't push it higher than that maybe.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube