add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

LGA 1151 Socket Pin Layout and Their Functions

yveshe

20 months ago

I'm trying to find the pin layout for the LGA 1151 (not the v2) to learn which pin does what on the Motherboard and their functions. Assuming there's a bind pin, if that pin isn't affecting power delivery, data transfer, or busting DIMM slots, practically a ground pin, then from what I understood the Motherboard is still usable.

So I'm asking to learn the functions of each pin based on said socket in order to find out if a bind pin that I found isn't going to affect something in a build.

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Z270 ---- Z370

TL;DR

• VSS: 377 -> 391 (+14)

• VCC: 128 -> 146 (+18)

• RSVD: 46 ->25 (reserved)

Credit to Numlock21 on LTT Forums. OP can be found Here

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Already seen that layout. But how would this help me determine a bind/broken pin and whether it's ground or not?

I'm assuming on the layout the black rectangles are grounds?

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Already seen that.

I'm assuming on the layout the black rectangles are grounds?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube