add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Lenovo Ideapad Y700 Capped at 30FPS

yveshe

20 months ago

A friend has her laptop for over two years, and she's constantly playing-capped at 30FPS. I tried looking through the Nvidia Control Panel, lowering settings on the specific games she's playing, turning ON/OFF V-Sync - nothing seems to work.

The specs are Intel - 6700HQ, Nvidia GTX 960M, 8GB of memory, and 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD.

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Did she update her GPU driver?

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

It's updated to the latest version according to Geforce Experience. Maybe I should manually download the latest driver for the 960M?

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

You need to get the driver from lenonvo's website not nvidias. Lenovo has custom drivers made for its laptops

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

I might also suggest posting this on here https://forums.geforce.com/default/board/72/pc-components/

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Appreciate the help! Will download the driver from Lenovo's site, and might as well post on Nvidia's forums.

[comment deleted]
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

DAMN, I definitely didn't try that, as I thought this would apply to everything that is installed. Will now!

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

Happy 2000th comment!

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Hehe! Thank you!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube