add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Bad Performance? Ryzen5 1600 and GTX1060 3GB

AmerK

20 months ago

Just recently built a PC with the following specs: R5 1600, Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX1060 3GB, 8GB 3000MHz RAM, 250GB SSD. The PC has 2 140mm fans for intake at the front and 2 120mm fans as exhaust; one at the top and the other in the rear. I also have the Cryorig H7 quad Lumi for extra added performance and overclocking capability. I downloaded CS:GO today and wanted to see how well the PC would run it, and to my surprise, it ran horribly. At max settings, I was averaging 40fps, and at low settings I was averaging about 60fps. These results are worse than the laptop i upgraded from, as that ran CS at 80fps on low settings.

I've downloaded all necessary drivers for the GPU and motherboard. The PC is also immaculate, with absolutely no dust build-up at all. I'm currently using the NZXT CAM software to monitor performance. The VRAM usage is only 0.6GB and RAM usage is barely exceeding 1GB. CPU and GPU temps are also low at about 40 degrees when playing. I don't understand, it doesn't add up?

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

Very strange issue, hard to diagnose properly without being there. Btw, this belongs in Troubleshooting.

First few things I can think of, check to see if Windows is fully updated. If not, do so, and see if that changes anything. If performance is still bad, I'd suggest doing a clean install of the GPU drivers.

EDIT: Actually, ... did you plug your monitor into your motherboard, or your GPU?

EDIT2: Actually x2, that was a stupid question. Continue with previous suggestions lol.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

So what I did was update the BIOS and install the drivers for the chipset. CS:GO now runs at 250-300fps on ultra. It will occasionally dip down to below 200 which i find odd but now all in all, running fine. I appreciate the response.

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

CS:GO now runs at 250-300fps on ultra. It will occasionally dip down to below 200 which i find odd but now all in all,

That is normal behavior for a Ryzen CPU in that title it doesn't scale into threads well so you end up only using two of the cores.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I guess its fine, considering the main use for this PC is for work/productivity. Thanks.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Cheers, glad you got it fixed. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube