add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help again!

crichardson26
  • 26 months ago

Tested my new computer out of the case and I installed windows and all that, now that I've put it all in the case, I'm not getting any signal to the monitor. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd say remove the GPU and install it again. Make sure all the cables are connected properly. Usually, the case is that some cables were left out and not installed. And make sure you connect the display to the GPU, not the motherboard.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

You have installed all the motherboard standoffs properly, right? Other than that, yeah, double check to make sure all the necessary cables and components have been reconnected properly inside the case.

• 26 months ago
  • 2 points

Just decided to bring it to the shop I bought most of the parts in and they're gonna take a look at it.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Often a sensible approach if you're not super confident you know what the issue is. Hope they fix you up!

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

If it ran out of the case and not in, it's obviously a grounding issue.

What type of motherboard mounting screws did you use? Not all are equal.

Did you try disconnecting the front panel connectors altogether and start the system with a paperclip?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube