add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Mini Build - Suggestion/Will it all function together?

lolkrayd

63 months ago

Was thinking of going with a mini itx build

Already have most of the parts more of a switching to a mini itx

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2Yg4X

But because it will be a small compact build would heating be a problem? Was planning on doing an overclock to 4.3. With my current setup it gets ~35-40C idle in a room temp of about 23-25C (77ish F)

I believe the 250d can hold the evga psu

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I would comment on the parts but seeing as it's just switching case and mobo I don't have much to say. One possible issue is the mobo has a big heat spreader I believe that's on the side, it could get in the way of the fan in the case which would stop some airflow. I agree, it looks like the GPU will fit considering the case pictures has some newer gtx card in it.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

would you know if heat will be an issue?

I am assuming you were going to comment about the i7? I got it for 200usd, I didn't want to let that chance go to waste so I jumped on it.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I wasn't specifically talking about the i7 haha, just in general I would've looked at everything and great deal on that. I don't think heat would be too much of an issue seeing as you could change the fan from drawing air or giving air. Don't quote me on this, I'm only judging by looks and haven't built a mini rig before.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube