add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help Me in Making Up to Do

yveshe

23 months ago

Before you lay your facepalms and head shakes, let me explain myself:

It started off like this: I work for someone who's now my client; I help him in pretty much what the basic individual would do in a computer and how to operate it.

First things first, we started off by trying to find a game for him called "Final Fight" or some crap like that from the 80s. Now, I knew from the very beginning there's no port for it for PC, let alone probably available to PC. So eventually I managed to find the exact original game, seems to be working on PC as the port simply works. But it damaged his laptop.

Along with that, I also downloaded him uTorrent and taught him how or where to additionally pirate music and movies of his liking. AND I said when we first met that there are consequences to these actions; of downloading from the internet; cracked products, and ads popping up - though Adblock is legal and does most of the job. I'm 100% advising against this, but when you live in a country where it's unfortunately allowed, what's there to say...

So the game crashed his PC; giving him black screen and being unable to start his OS. So he had to bring the laptop it to my work and get it fixed, which costed him about $40 - damaged caused by me, and I didn't charge him AND I never would.

So we'll meet again in Tuesday and I'll make sure to delete everything regarding malware or cracked products from the internet from existence, and try to start from scratch. So I need someone's help in helping me making things up for him so next time if something ever happens I'll take the blame, work on the problem, and not get him charged again, so that he won't have to pay for the damage in the future caused by me.

I didn't know this would actually happen, but it did - and I know that pirating music or movies don't necessarily destroy one's PC. Obviously there are other alternatives to get something legal, for sure. But that's a subjective matter that one will have to break his own neck to get to safely and legally. Yes, I could tell him "you'll have to purchase whatever movie you wish to watch or watch it on TV, and purchase either CDs or through iTunes to listen to your music."

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube