add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Kingston HyperX Savage Compatible with Ryzen?

AmerK

21 months ago

Ram prices as you all know are simply bonkers, however, I came across a Kingston HyperX Savage 8GB (2x4GB) 2666MHz RAM kit from Mwave for only $98. This seems too good to be true in today's current market. In the description, it states that the RAM is optimised for Intel's Z170 and X99 chipsets, having XMP-ready profiles for Intel motherboards.

So my question is, would the RAM be compatible with a Ryzen CPU, and will the RAM function at its advertised speed of 2666MHz?

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

Secondary Timings are a bit less, but it should work.

That's what that board (MSI - B350 PC MATE) supports:

https://www.kingston.com/datasheets/HX426C13SB2K2_8.pdf

XMP Profile #1: DDR4-2666 CL13-15-15 @1.35V

That's the module from Mwave.

https://www.comx-computers.co.za/download/kingston/ME-KD4426S13x2.pdf

XMP Profile #1: DDR4-2666 CL13-14-14 @1.35V

So, either way it will work, or you should manually increase the timings.

However, it will work 100% at 2133MHz.

Also you should update the BIOS of that board to the latest version! ;)

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Beautiful, this is great to know. Now I can buy a 16GB kit for the price of a 8GB kit.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I wish you Good Luck then...;)

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

Thank you very much.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

yes it still works, does a ssd OPTIMISED for intel not work with amd products no. and yes but you will most likely need a bois flash.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Never seen an SSD optimised for Intel lol. But yes, hopefully the RAM operates at advertised speed. Not keen on 2133 :3

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube