add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Phanteks Evolv Shift Dual AIO Question

yveshe

22 months ago

If you use another AIO, let's say from a Hybrid GPU, is there enough clearance for another 120mm fan or the fan faces down, taking/pulling air from the bottom of the Case?

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Fitting the AIOs can be done: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/r9tgXL

But about your question, adding another fan? Maybe not so much.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

So you just remove the included fan or you can install it below the radiator, which will be then in the outside of the fan?

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

In the image, the builder used a thin fan on one of the radiators, perhaps both (if we cant see the one below the radiator). I didnt read too much into his description but it should help you.

Its possible that the included fan will work...but its just as possible that it wont.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Appreciate the feedback!

It's just that I'm planning on my next build getting the EVOLV SHIFT and whether I should additionally get a water-cooled GPU in addition, knowing you can install dual radiators.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

As I'm sure you know, it entirely depends.

I'm not sure how long AIO GPUs have been around, but if i had to guess, the air-cooled cards have less moving parts, and would be less prone to failure than their liquid cooled counterparts. Even if the fan failed, its going to be monumentally cheaper than if the liquid-cooled card's pump had failed. When I was first looking at GPUs to buy, the idea of a liquid cooled card had me squealing inside...but it's all down to the positives and negative you'll have to weigh.

Liquid Cooled GPU:

• Typically more expensive than air-cooled counterpart

• Seems more dangerous in case of a failure

• Colder, possibly better overclocking potential, depends on if we are talking about a voltage/wattage wall vs a temperature wall that's keeping cards from further overclocking

• Its got that COOL factor

• I'd be more worried about buying a second-hand/refurb liquid-cooled card than an air-cooled one

• Air cooled cards can be turned into liquid ones with a GPU bracket and an AIO, and you'd get to keep the fans for if you ever needed them. Imagine a 360mm AIO on your GPU, and a 360mm AIO on your CPU. Hmmm. I may try that one day.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

I see your point. I was never into AIO because of the damage it could cause. Air cooling always seems the best thing to go with.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube