add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

HP Envy Ryzen Question

rhali8
  • 27 months ago

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while.

Recently I bought this laptop. (Calm down it's in AUD). It's absolutely fantastic, provides great single core performance, multi core performance is through the roof and it plays pretty basic games like league of legends perfectly. I would 100% recommend it for anyone interested, but that's not why I'm posting. I took a look at the radeon settings and it turns out that the system has only allocated 256MB to the onboard vega graphics chip. I have 16GB and would like to have a little more than that. I've checked through bios settings and looked up online, it seems that increasing iGPU memory through the bios is an intel thing only. Do you guys know if there is any other way of manually changing this? It's entirely possible that it allocates more RAM to the vega graphics depending on the workload but I'm not sure if that's the case.

Thanks.

Comments

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Unfortunately there's nothing there... I can change basic graphics settings such as the anti aliasing method, texture filtering quality, etc, but no options for RAM allocation.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I saw a video one day on youtube about OCing intel HD graphics, and that video I know by fact had 2 parts: OCing intel graphics and AMD APUs. It was a while since I saw it though.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube