add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cool guitars under 1k?

Adrew24

21 months ago

I´m looking to buy a new guitar for my birthday, which is about a month and a half from now. Any cool electric guitars you know of? Preferably something good for metal, but I'm open to all ideas.

Edit: I'm also looking at a Gibson SGM that I found on ebay new for 600. I'm also looking at a Schecter c1 Hellraiser. The guitar I really want is an sg cm black, but 600 were made total and I can't find one anywhere. :(

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

Solid endorsement for PRS right here. If you waited and caught a good deal on one, you could probably find a decent used S2 model. Maybe swap the pickups out for some you're more comfy with, and it would be a solid playing machine (I would recommend either a pair of Mark Tremonti pick-ups or SD Pegasus...iirc the SD are solid metal ones).

A new SE model would be a good contender too, they come in around 700. The Tremonti model or Mark Holcomb custom would be solid players. As would a Bernie model.

I just bought a new PRS and completely bias right now, for what that's worth. For real though, excellent guitars.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Jackson Soloist SL1 used. I have one and its my favorite guitar for metal.

These are $2k-$3k guitars but can be had used under 1k at pawn shops and secondhand stores. Mine is the most generic black one and its super beat, but it was only $600 at a pawn shop and MSRP was $2499 for it.

Honestly i'd look for anything in the Jackson soloist family. SL2H gets an honorable mention here too.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I’m a huge Chapman fan, I own a ghost fret and it’s the best guitar I’ve played that wasn’t way out of my price range. Chapman has a great philosophy with guitars, they put money into things that either you can’t replace or aren’t easy to replace and spend less on parts that are easy to replace so you a can do that later as an upgrade.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube