add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Air Cooler for 6700K [Good Aesthetics]

Kendozin

19 months ago

I have been looking for a good air cooler that looks good and has good performance as well. I have looked at the Dark Rock Pro 3 by be quiet!, but it is really expensive and I have been wondering if anyone else has any suggestions for any other coolers with good cooling performance but not so expensive. Also, if anyone has seen any good coolers with Blue LEDs on the fans, that would be helpful as well. Like I said, I have an i7-6700K, so I probably won't need a really beefy cooler, but something that works and doesn't look like garbage. By the way my color scheme is black and dark blue just to let you know.

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Cooler Scythe - Mugen 5 Rev. B 51.2 CFM CPU Cooler $47.99 @ Amazon
Case Fan Cooler Master - MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB 48.8 CFM 120mm Fan $16.00 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $63.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-25 01:15 EST-0500

This is assuming you have a board that has a RGB header on it.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I've become a fan of the Scythe Mugen 5 rev B. I don't think its technically the "best" in a certain category, but its a nice mix of good cooling, quiet, decently easy installation, and good price. I like how it looks, but thats much more subjective...

And you can always swap out the included fan with a different one if you want.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

While not cheap, the new Cryorig Quad Lumi features RGB fans on the air cooler. Also, the Gammaxx 400 features a blue LED fan on it for a lower price although its a less efficiency cooler.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/bHcMnQ/cryorig-h7-quad-lumi-490-cfm-cpu-cooler-h7-quad-lumi

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hJFPxr/deepcool-cpu-cooler-gammaxx400

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

There's also Deepcool's GAMMAXX GT, which is their blatant Quad Lumi competitor.

It was used in a PCPartpicker build video.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Too many coolers to keep track off at tjhis point.

Even Noctua announced their colored chromax kits to cover their current HSF coolers.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

To be fair, neither the Quad Lumi nor the GT are new. They're just the H7 and 400T with LEDs crammed into them.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah. But their looks are pretty new. RGB coolers werent plentiful before last year.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I personally like cryorig coolers. The h5 is a good choice. If you're not overclocking, you could go with a cryorig h7, or the h7 lumi if you want rgb ligthing. If you can find a scythe fuma in stock anywhere, I would highly suggest it. It's possibly the best price per performance cooler. It's even one of the best air coolers rivaling the noctua d15 as well as 240mm AIOs. Highly suggest. Whether or not you like it or not, aesthetics are subjective.

As xbiker12 said, you can always buy rgb or blue led fans to replace.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

The Thermalright Macho Rev.B is a beastly cooler that’s silent.

[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube