add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows Cannot Be Installed to Disk 0 Partition 2 (Show Details)

yveshe

24 months ago

Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The disk may fail soon. If other hard disks are available, install Windows to another location.

So... that's it?

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

What is on partition 1? Are you running a dual-boot setup?

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm installing a new Windows on a Western Digital Green 1TB.

200GB on one partition - boot driver. 100MB is System Reserved. The rest goes for Primary.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Delete all the partitions with GParted and try installing Windows again. If you get the "disk may fail soon" error again, you have a faulty drive and need to RMA it.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm creating two partitions because I want to split the driver. Obviously if the error persists then that means it's done for. I don't know how old is that HDD, but it's old.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you checked the SMART status of the drive recently?

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Yup. Enabled it back, deleted the partitions and tried to install Windows on a single driver only - doesn't even get to the installation process.

I'm definitely getting an new one.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube