add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NZXT Motherboard Debut

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

So it's something for the people that care about looks. Nice.

They didn't just all of a sudden automatically know how to make motherboards. They are working with ECS.

So I wonder if these boards are subject to the same manufacturing and quality assurance that ECS boards have.

How will it compete with the ASUS ROG Maximus X Code?

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 24 months ago
  • 1 point

The lack of SATA ports, Type-C port which NZXT supports in their Cases - definitely not worth it.

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

SATA ports rarely ever get used up and by doing so they kept both M.2 at full bandwidth without disabling a port.

With the integrated HUE+ and Fan controller/Number of headers at $300 it is a little overpriced but not really by much under $250 or so and it becomes a really not poor deal for a RGB system.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

There was still no reason to remove two of them. Who knows if they'll be used anyway. One can use an Optical Drive, with more than two HDDs, and an SSD (SATA). Just a scenario.

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

Ironically, this is exactly why I just swapped the NZXT board into my planned build. The Gigabyte board I originally had in there had six SATA ports -- but with the lane sharing, I'd lose three if I tried to populate all the m.2 slots and use the PCI-e x1 slot furthest from the #1 x16 slot (which I need for my wifi card.) The EVGA board I looked at as an alternative was even worse -- of the six SATA ports, four are shared.

Give me four SATA ports I can actually use over six I can't.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Every other Z370 you have to choose SATA or M.2 since they disable each other.

And as a board built around aesthetics M.2 is cleaner then SATA.

It's a board built around looks and having the RGB and Fan Controller integrated instead of forcing you to purchase separately.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube