• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

T_Payne 14 months ago

There is a local computer place selling the EVGA 1060 3GB Superclock dual-fan edition for $250. How much (if any) performance gains would I get over a 1050Ti? I am looking at $190-$205 for a 1050Ti from Newegg... does the 1060’s performance justify the extra $50?

Comments Sorted by:

T_Payne submitter 1 Build 1 point 14 months ago

Thanks for that posting! It definitely seems like 1060 is the way to go if I want to play AAA games. I would love to play AC:Orgins on my PC build... vice the Xbox One...

But it's primary purpose is definitely going to be school (college) related.

bengy22 4 Builds 1 point 14 months ago

$250 for a 1060 3gb?!? and $200 for the 1050ti?!? thoses cards where just $150 and $200 a week ago! at those prices i'd wait for them to go down.

Buildtimeboys 1 Build 1 point 14 months ago

Video card prices, (and availability,) are a shitshow right now.

bengy22 4 Builds 2 points 14 months ago

I knew they where bad but not to the lower end cards.

I wish I would’ve pulled the trigger a month ago. But thanks to miners.... prices are absurd! And yeah, a non-mini/non-low profile 1060 is at least $240.

The 1050Ti is getting hit just as hard to get a deal. The ASUS 4GB was $140 two months ago... now it’s $205 0_o

[comment deleted]

Soooo, you’re saying Yes? I need to complete my Ryzen budget build for less than $1k... but I can cut out peripherals if a 1060 is that much better than a 1050Ti... for another $50. I have a keyboard/mouse, and can hard wire vice use WiFi.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fJYTbj

That's my current build. As you can see, the HDD/M.2 are already purchased, as is the B350 Pro4 from ASRock. I AM planning to OC the Ryzen 1400, but do want a CPU that can "keep up" with the current AAA games and the GPU.

[comment deleted]

I've watched a few YouTube vids... I definitely agree. I had this presumption that VRAM size what indicative of performance. Whoa, I was wrong.