add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What's the best way to kill a shitty old dell oem?

Adrew24

22 months ago

Bootnuke (a special version that gets the computer to write random data onto hard drives)?

Dumping it in water?

Downloading a ton of viruses?

Taking off the CPU cooler while running Aida 64?

jerry-rigging a usb to connect to a wall outlet and plugging it in (SPARKS!)

Other ideas?

I will film whatever I do and post it on YT for you viewing enjoyment.

Update: my friend, who had the dell, threw it out because his basement was getting junked up with too much stuff. He has about 15-ish PCs, so I'm sure I'll find one to blow up.

Another update: Getting new stock in over the weekend. My friend and I are gonna see if we can find something REALLY terrible. Like core-2 duo generic PSU terrible.

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 5 points

Put some thermite in the case and use a sparkler or strip of magnesium as a fuse.

https://www.amazon.com/Pounds-Aluminum-Powder-30-micron/dp/B00KF598X0

https://www.amazon.com/Red-Iron-Oxide-Natural-Pounds/dp/B004OKDTX2

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Thermite

Fill the case up with it and watch it go.

Another idea would to make a furance and pour molten metal on it.

Or if you have a gun buy some tannerite.

This is assuming you have a place to SAFELY do it, in your house or yard doesn't count. Tannerite goes boom and like 6 pounds of thermite is going to burn through the case, burn all plastic, and likely leave molten metal on the ground. Molten metal is self explanatory.

Or something cheap and that can't kill you is to put the plugs in ways they shouldn't go and see what deep frys.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

an open field? already seen the second option. Fun as hell!

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

A open filed with dirt or something will work for thermite. You could do in your backyard if you have a safe place to light it at but you don't want anyone looking at it without something to protect their eyes, a open field will just reduce the chance that some random person will end up with eye damage. If you have no idiots near you that could walk in then your backyard is safe.
Tannerite is a explosive so the ground doesn't matter but you will want to be a long distance away from it since the build is going to turn into shrapnel if you use a decent amount of it or behind something solid and thick if you have to close to it (a car or car door doesn't count). Obviously you are going to want to take EXTREME safety precautions if you plan on using a lot i.e like a couple of pounds of Tannerite, don't use a ton of it like in the video below.

Personally I would do farther research on the amount you should use so you don't need with something weak or making a car sized hole in the ground or turn it into a homemade grenade. I would definitely use a rifle to shoot at it from like a 500 hundred feet or more away (not exactly sure on this number though) and have some protection for your body although you aren't going to need a ton at that distance, at that distance I would say a car door would be safe. I would make sure to keep in mind about the safety of the camera.

This is what 30lb of Tannerite does to a car to give you a idea of how safe you are going to want to be and to not go overkill with the amount you use.

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

I can't check the video right now since I'm at work. But is that the Bronco going bye-bye?

I would recommend about 8oz of tannerite. 1lb if you want to make a good sized hole. You can always dig a hole a couple of feet wide to increase the crater size and to decrease the chance of direct horizontal shrapnel. You could decrease the risk of blowback shrapnel by keeping the charge on the side of the case facing you. This would direct most of the blast away. Just be sure that there is nothing on the other side because that would essentially become a bunch of bullets flying that direction.

You will need a moderately sized rifle. Preferably a 6.5 or up. 7.62 (.308) works really well. I would say you could create a simple detonator, but this would render it illegal to use (it is strictly a shot indicator - no shot, no indication, no legal).

I've blown up a lot of Tannerite. It is fun. It can blow a vehicle 1000 relatively small pieces.

WARNING: Keep in mind, this is still a high explosive. While it is stable under normal condition it shouldn be handled with care and only mixed on site and when ready to use. Never transport pre-mixed ordinance. And, remember, people have died and been dismembered due to the improper handling and detonation of this product. It is not a toy.

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

I can't check the video right now since I'm at work. But is that the Bronco going bye-bye?

It looks like a tank shot it.

https://i.imgur.com/MFqH5mB.jpg

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh shoot, yep that's the Bronco going bye-bye.

Tannerite can be dangerous.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

correction: tried the last option.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Or if you have a gun buy some tannerite.

YES!!!!!!!

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Can't do it. I'm only 13.

[comment deleted]
  • 22 months ago
  • 3 points

Replace the thermal paste with peanut butter and run aida 64. Thats how I would do it.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

this is my favorite so far

• 22 months ago
  • 3 points

You could go full HowToBasic and throw toast in the optical drive, tomato in the fans, ram some lettuce in the PCIe slots, peanut butter thermal paste, bacon on the PSU, maple syrup in the USB ports, etc. Then try to boot your weird sandwich.*

Some of the older ones had decent steel cases and hard drive bays that made for good building projects. A personal favorite is to remove all the parts, sand off paint and sharp edges, wash, put a metal post through the bottom, a grill on top, and voila!- you have a charcoal grill. Burn it thoroughly to remove any other debris before using it to cook though.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

If you can’t get hold of peanut butter, toothpaste, denture cream, butter, or anything else that is viscous and spreads easily will do

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 22 months ago
  • 1 point

ah yes, nothing finer than support buddy.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Nah buddy. You gotta replace the thermal paste with hot sauce or cheese sauce. Then you put Peanut-butter in all of the fans and watch it spray.

• 22 months ago
  • 3 points

Edited your title. Please don't purposefully circumvent the profanity filter. (You can turn it off in you preferences if you prefer to see the words.)

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry about that. I'll take that into account in the future.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

So I don't want to seem like I'm telling you why for sure that they do this (because I could be wrong, I'm not staff). But, I believe it's so that people that do have the profanity filter enabled won't see that. Whereas, if it's circumvented through misspellings it may slip through the filter.

But, who knows, again, I'm not staff.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree; that's probably the reason.

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

Lookup how to make homemade firework bombs (inb4FBI) and blow the hell out of it. Proceed to post to YouTube.

[comment deleted]
  • 22 months ago
  • 1 point

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Tannerite. I can get you some if you want. We sell it at my place of employment.

Is that affiliate advertising? lol

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

*includes paid promotion

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, I don't get paid from it. Lol.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Just joking. That stuff is high powered! Seriously...

Also, I don't have a rifle, and as a 13 year old, there isn't really a way to get my hands on one...

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

Well if you are only 13 I would go the thermite route. You won't scare your parents to death by using explosives or trying to explain why you need a gun to set off said explosives.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

That does limit your options a bit.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

I was thinking to put some fireworks in it and put on a show. Thoughts?

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

You could put it in a hydraulic press and crush it. That would be pretty cool.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Not enough bang, personally i would go for the thermite, it is relatively easy to make and as long as you put sand underneath the thermite, that should absorb most of the molten metal. Fireworks have some gunpowder, but not enough, also the kinetic force of the firework could move the case? Finally, thermite won't accidentally create shrapnel/bullets, and you can do it at a relatively close distance, less than 1m.

This should give you a good idea of the power of thermite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2KkkMoyFP4

Where to buy materials for thermite: http://amzn.to/2cFxUpI http://amzn.to/2cFyzrk

See above post for wikihow post on how to combine.

Enjoy and post a video on youtube, and put link here!!!!

Edit: You will need a sparkler to ignite thermite, a match/blowtorch isn't hot enough

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

firework could move the case?

I took the solid charge out of a single bottle rocket and stick it in one of those cannon pencil sharpeners. It banana shredded the barrel, a piece of the barrel went clear through 3/4 inch drywall (could have easily went through my neck), and the plastic airsoft BB I fired imbedded 1/2 the way through the drywall.

TL;DR: compressing an explosive can turn even a relatively minor load into a large concussive force.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Geez, that was a bunch of "deleted by staff." Did I miss something? What was the context?

Something bad, I presume.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Spam. Also potentially dangerous ideas that could be classified as felony.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, wait. Now I feel dumb. I remember. Thanks. :)

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Seeing all the comments about thermite, now I really want to see someone do blade-off testing of a PC fan.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

One of my friends set a case fan facing down and jerry rigged it to a wall outlet. It got up to about 20,000 RPM, flew up, and proceeded to break two of the fan blades.

[comment deleted]
  • 22 months ago
  • 1 point

I wanted him to do the same. He vowed not to, claiming it was the dumbest thing he's ever done. He's done stuff like spiking laptop batteries on the floor, trying to get them to leak battery acid.

[comment deleted]
  • 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Not me, him. lol

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

If I had my way... I would get an M4 Sherman tank and use its 75mm cannon on it lol

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

M1A2 Abrams 120mm. Much bigger boom.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, but it's far easier to acquire a M4 Sherman

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

True. But, with an operable cannon?

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Plenty of M4 Shermans have been restored and have operable cannons. Over 50,000 Shermans were made in total, sure, a lot were knocked out but there's still plenty of them around and most of them are restored.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

But wouldn't it be listed as a destructive device and have to have a pin through the back of the cannon and a hole the size of the diameter cut into the bore of the cannon?

I know this is how other destructive devices have to be treated to be deactivated. But, I'm not sure if this applies to tank cannons as well.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Shoot it with a tank.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

You guys really like tanks huh? If I had the money I would.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

I love armored history, they’re an interesting piece of human engineering. The various designs and the cross engineering between different nations designs is also pretty cool.

Idk how expensive it is but maybe if you reach out and be like “Hey how much would it cost to blow up a couple of old PCs with a tank?” And they would probably tell you all the details and stuff lol

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

soda bottle+dry ice+water!

Or set the CPU voltage to 6 volts.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Dump it in liquid nitrogen, then crush it.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Shite in it.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Place it in the train tracks and wait for the train to crush it.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Put some phosphorous in it and let it catch fire. Just don't burn yourself, btw I prefer white phosphorous. :)

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Get some red paint and paint a few red circles on the side and get my Ruger Super Blackhawk .454 Casull and use it for target practice. ಠ‿ಠ

I actually did this with a very old store bought computer and opened it up and stuffed it with old magazines till it was stuffed and used it for target practice. Back when I did that it was with my Sig Sauer P229 Emperor Scorpion handgun, since sold it though. The magazines do a good job at catching the bullet.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Simple, non-explosive, and maybe not as fun:

open up cmd window > diskpart > list disk > select disk 0 > clean

:)

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 22 months ago
  • 1 point

nothing beats logisys PSUs. They're a great way to get smoke bombs cheap.

[comment deleted]
  • 22 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah I was looking at both. The 'herc would be fun to blow up.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

I had a cyberpower. Reused the PSU to make a build as a gift to one of my friends. Hope it doesn't blow up in his face. :/

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

i saw the PSU. It was an apevia. I checked to make sure it wasn't on the list of terrible PSUs.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube