• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

deathfromup 63 months ago

I am building a computer for my friend. It is a strictly gaming/interneting computer. The main games he want/needs to computer to perform for is Guild Wars 2, wants to be able to play on ultra in 1080p and Civ 5. Hes not really into to FPS currently so this doesn't have to play Metro LL or BF4, mostly MMO/RTS games.

His other concerns are he wants good airflow so that things stay cool. wants reliable PSU. And wants a stable GPU.

This is what i have so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/deathfromup/saved/3IcJ

Any suggestions to bring the price down, if these nothing else to do i will prolly end up downgrading the GPU to a 650 ti BOOST, 7850, or R7260X.

Comments Sorted by:

Itroitnyah 1 Build 2 points 63 months ago

There are a few things that you can do to bring down the price of the build. You could pick out a cheaper case although you'll have to deal with a lower quality case than what you have right now. Other than that, the only way that you're going to effectively lower the price is by downgrading the videocard. AMD cards are/were on the rise price-wise due to the litecoin rush which happened a while ago, but even the 650 Ti non-BOOST would be capable of playing a lot of the games he wants on high settings. If you really wanted to trim a few dollars off, you could sacrifice the 8gb of RAM for just 4gb, but that's only if you really need to trim off the money.

jthm4goth 1 point 63 months ago

I'm selling a Evga Gtx 650Ti for $100. I bought it when I did a budget build in November now that I have tax money I'm getting a 780ti. The gtx650ti was getting me about 60fps on medium settings on BF4

Eschaton 6 Builds 1 point 63 months ago

Hey deathfromup - still enjoying that keyboard you sold me!

Here's a build that could be food for thought: I went dual graphics in it, but honestly only because I wanted to get as close to $500 as I could get it; you could remove the 6670 from this build and it would do everything you need it to.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Type Item Price
CPU AMD A10-7850K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor $184.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Seidon 120M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $44.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $64.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $49.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital RE3 250GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $39.00 @ Amazon
Video Card XFX Radeon HD 6670 1GB Video Card $60.38 @ Newegg
Case Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case $22.01 @ Microcenter
Power Supply Thermaltake TR2 600W ATX Power Supply $24.99 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. $491.34
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-10 17:26 EST-0500