add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gaming PC and Xbox 360 in one case + cable suggestions

Kendozin

21 months ago

I am thinking about sticking my main rig in the same case as an Xbox 360 (the hardware, not the case). Any suggestions on how to do this, or non-expensive cases that would work for dual systems?

My current rig: i7-6700k H100i GTX Asus Strix MicroATX Z270 Mobo Air 240 Case GTX 1070 Founder's Edition 24GB of corsair dominator platinum RAM (DDR4-3000)

Plan: -Getting a used Xbox 360 off of ebay or craigslist for less than $50 -Taking all the hardware out, replacing HDD, etc. -Finding a dual system case, so I can put it in the same case as my PC

For this I am wondering if I should buy a dual system case (most of which are pretty expensive), mod a case, or create my own case.

Note: The reason I want to do this is because some of my favorite games are on the Xbox 360 and I really don't want to give them up. The main games I really like are Halo 3: ODST, and a few of the other halo games that aren't supported for PC. Other than that, I really like most of the other PC games, but I was really disappointed when I found out about there being no PC versions for some of these games. Anyways, the games just remind of happy times when I had not as much to do, and I really enjoy them. My original plan was to just do a separate mod, building the 360 in it's own case that has better airflow than the actual 360 case. I have had 2 Xbox 360s in my lifetime and I'm pretty sure the first one (it was a halo 3 edition) died of overheating. the second one (a star wars edition) is becoming slower because the hard drive is dying.

Does anyone have any experience with anything like this?

If no one has any suggestions or experience, I will probably just keep my main rig how it is now and just do the Xbox 360 as its own separate thing, like my original plan. I just thought this would be cool if I could get it to work.

Also, if anyone has some suggestions for custom cables, I would love to hear them. If you are wondering, I have a G3 650 PSU by EVGA (https://pcpartpicker.com/product/g63RsY/evga-power-supply-120g10650xr) and the color theme of my build is blue/black. Any suggestions that could go with cables like that would be amazing.

Anyways, I would love to hear some suggestions! If you have advice on any of the stuff I mentioned, please don't hesitate to tell me about it.

Thanks!

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

so you mean putting the computer in the xbox case, and keeping the xbox in the same case?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I must not have worded it well. I mean like finding a computer case that would fit an xbox and all of my PC hardware in it. I don't think I could fit two systems in one of those puny cases xd

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I doubt that happened. Unless it was a raspberry pi. XD

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

You might be able to use an ATX case and create custom mounting for the Xbox 360. If there is enough free space, that is.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I've thought about that, I just need to figure out some measurements. I have a microATX board in my PC but I'm not sure about the dimensions of the Xbox 360s Motherboard, so I will have to figure that out. Thanks!

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

This makes me think that it's the entire size of the case. And if that is the case (pun) these dimensions should roughly apply.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

xd

You're probably right, they tend to not waste space in consoles. I will still do measurements when I actually get the Xbox because I don't want to accidentally make something too small, or anything like that. Thanks.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem! You can always use those dimensions as a guide to what is the largest amount of space you will need free. So you can start looking for compatible cases. If it's smaller you're still good, you know?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I know what you mean. Thanks

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

You could try with an original Xbox case, those were huge. Just be sure it's not a dev kit or something, there was a recent issue with that.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I have an original Xbox, and judging from the size I don't think it would fit 2 different systems. I am also looking for a PC case. Thanks for the suggestion though! I need to word my description better...

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

oh, that's my bad. Someone built a computer with like 6 different systems in it a long time ago. relevant video (:

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

o wow

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 21 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm talking about putting all of my xbox hardware into a PC case, with my PC in it too. But I have seen things where people put their PC in an xbox case and it does look pretty cool.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube