add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What kind of CableMod cables are best?

jordycondi

28 months ago

... for a mini ITX computer? Some cable types are bulky and others are really thin which would be better...

Would it be paracord or something else? The case I will use is very small and I need the cables to be flexible. The PSU I think I'll end up purchasing is the Corsair SF600 which doesn't have very good stock cables apparently (in terms of cable flex).

Case I'm using is Dan Cases A4 SFX v2.

Comments

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends what look your after. Cablemod do CableMesh (Nylon / PET) and CableFlex (Paracord). Former is more rigid but vibrant in terms of colour, latter is softer and easier to bend.

Not sure what you mean by the stock cables do not flex? do you mean they do not bend easy? They do bend pretty easy IMO and will work fine in that case. Can only imagine you going aftermarket if you care about looks, which in a case with no windows is unlikely?

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

hmm okay then

I just would've thought the extra flex from paracord would make things easier

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube