add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Hue+ or cheap amazon RBG strips.

Sharvard

27 months ago

Hi, I've been wanting to make my build similar to this build https://pcpartpicker.com/b/JdXPxr, and I saw it used a Hue for its lighting. However, I only care about making my build red and white, which means I only need white LEDs. Is there something special about the Hue because I'm seeing a lot of people getting it and I don't see many features that seem very practical. Are the LED strips on the Hue really good or something?

Comments

• 27 months ago
  • 2 points

Mixture of nice looking unit, able to control LED's form software, can control AER RGB fan with unit, people think the cheaper amazon RGB strips are crap (not the case) and the strips themselves are addressable.

By addressable I mean each LED along the strip can be a different color at the same time compared to normal RGB strips.

Now if your going for just white LED's then its not really all that important.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, I'll probably just get a pack of LEDs from Amazon then. I also have a question about the coloring of my case. The build look I'm basing my build off of (I'm basically making a budget version of it) has a white interior case. Do you know how white LEDs look with a black interior? Do you have any recommendations for a good white mATX case or will it look just fine with white LEDs and black interior? Also, how is his 24 pin plug (Idk what it's called, it's the big one on the right of the MoBo) white? They're using a semi-modular with black cables. Isn't the 24 pin cable permanently attached to the PSU?

[comment deleted]
  • 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, but he's using a semi modular PSU. Doesn't that mean the 24 pin cable is already attached? How did he make it so it was white?

[comment deleted]
  • 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, so those cables just plug into the cables already in the PSU?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube