add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Solid Green Monitor Screen

Starlana
  • 35 months ago

Okay, I posted a while back about my son's computer. It would turn off on its own after he played it for about an hour. I thought maybe his CPU cooler was busted and it was overheating. Now, the monitor screen is just solid green. His PC is under "Starlana's Completed Builds" if you want to take a look. He lives in VA Beach and I live in South Bend, IN, so I am unable to crack open the case and try to figure out things on my own. His dad is seeming to lack the initiative to figure out what is wrong. My son seems to think his GPU was overheating. I am prepared to send him some computer components to try swapping some out. I want suggestions from the community here before I make these purchases. Thanks so much for the advice, in advance.

Comments

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

The likelihood that there is a problem with the monitor is slim but should not be ignored. There might also be an issue with the cable used to attach the GPU to the monitor or it's power cord. There is a more likely chance that the GPU is bad. If you are going to send things to test out the system, I would start off with those items and see what happens.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube