add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
cmcc
  • 35 months ago

Hey Philip and the PCPP staff!

I was just wondering if there's any rumblings about having another "build a PC under $X with these part restrictions" contest anytime soon, whether it's with MSI or somebody else. Those things are always one of the most fun aspects of this site for me.

Thanks!

Comments

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

We have no plans for any giveaways in the near future.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Was it due to the community issues surrounding the giveaway?

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Contests are a surprising amount of work behind the scenes and right now we have some really high priority projects we are working on that we believe are more valuable to the community.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

what kind :) of projects

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

If he tells you, he'd have to kill you.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Good to hear, I'm excited to see what changes you guys are going to roll out.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, Philip told me that cheating was so rampant in previous contests that he's not sure they'll do another one.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 35 months ago
  • 1 point

right now we have some really high priority projects we are working on that we believe are more valuable to the community.

Free GTX 1080 Ti's for everyone?

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

*Titan Xp's

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

*GT 420's

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube