add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

nvidia geforce

Gijsb2603
  • 34 months ago

i am gonna buy an msi gtx 1060, so thats an nvidia gpu and that also means i can download geforce experience wich will keep my drivers up to date, but does that mean i have to download drivers from the msi website before i download geforce, or can i just download geforce?

Comments

• 34 months ago
  • 2 points

You can ignore the GPU drivers on MSI's site altogether, more so as they are out of date. Get the latest GPU drivers directly from Nvidia's site, or as you mentioned get GeForce Experience and that can download the drivers also.

Depending on which model card you get, such as one with RGB LED's etc, you may want to get MSI gaming App which is separate to the GPU drivers.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay that's pretty cool thx for the reply

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

no, it's all combined.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

You download Nvidia drivers through GeForce. Msi has a gaming app, that you update through LiveUpdate or MSI website, like Radox-0 said. The gaming app can display fps, cpu temp, fan speed, etc in game, change LED effects on card, select an OC profile if you have one setup. Geforce will try to optimize graphics for games you find and alerts you of new drivers and install them.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube