add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

HDMI No Signal when PC powered up...any help from the pros?

Starlana
  • 77 months ago

The motherboard is Gigabyte 970A-D3P, the video card is the Sapphire R9 270X 4 GB. This is an approximate build (the motherboard and GPU were not exact matches to what I got) http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Starlana/saved/3c4B. I just finished building this last night. The problem I am having is the monitor is not getting any read from the GPU, and there is no place to plug a monitor into the motherboard. I used two different monitors, so I know it is not a bum monitor. I also used more than one connector (HDMI and the VGA cord), so I know it is not a bum cable. I am just getting No Signal read on the monitor, and then the monitor will go into sleep mode (too damn quickly if you ask me). I know the mobo is getting power, because the fan is running, and the CPU cooler "feels" to be working. The fans on the video card are spinning. It has been pushed snug into the motherboard. The optical drive opens, and I am assuming the HDD works. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Other information: The AMD computer I just built is for my son. This is my other build I have in the house right now...http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Starlana/saved/3j6K, and that is MINE. Perhaps I can test some of his parts on my PC? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Comments

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Potentially a problem with the CPU compatibility for that board. Try resetting the CMOS jumper (check your motherboard's manual for info on how to do this).

I'd also pop the GPU in your son's build, just to check that it is working correctly.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

UPDATE: I swapped GPU's in my build and his, I had a video signal from his GPU, so his video card is working. My video card in his MOBO had no signal, and I KNOW my GPU works, I'm using it again right now.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, I am going to buy a jumper and clear the CMOS, see if that corrects the problem. Going to PC Direct right now if they are open today. Thanks, I'll update with the results...

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, cleared CMOS, still nothing. No beeps, nothing. I heard about doing a flash-in BIOS update, but I don't know how I can do that when I cannot even get a video feed or an initial BIOS boot. I was told I will need another processor to use to do it. I think I'm just returning this board and getting one compatible with the newer processors.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

UPDATE: Issue Resolved!! Forgot to plug something in...DOH! Did NOT have to return motherboard, the motherboard DOES support this CPU. Can access BIOS but have not yet downloaded all of the drivers, Windows, etc. Will do that soon. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube